As in T279540: Instrument IP address copy action metric, we'd like to understand how many users are copying IP addresses.
- When I copy an IP address, an event should be logged
- The event_action property should be "copy"
- The event_context property should be "ip_address"
- The event_source property should be the action/page that I'm on, i.e. one of "action_history", "special_log", "special_recentchanges"
- The ipAddressCopyAction instrument created in T279540: Instrument IP address copy action metric is disabled and removed
- In order to disable the ipAddressCopyAction instrument, the wgWMEIPAddressCopyActionEnabled stanza in the production config will have to be removed
- See the current.yaml files in the subdirectories in https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/plugins/gitiles/schemas/event/secondary/+/refs/heads/master/jsonschema/analytics/mediawiki for numerous examples of JSON Schema schemas that are used in production
- wt:Event Platform/Instrumentation How To is a step-by-step guide to creating a creating a schema and validating an event with it
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki-Docker/Configuration_recipes/EventLogging is a step-by-step guide to setting up your local development environment