To improve the developer experience and assist design, product, and QA in the development cycle, this task proposes to implement VitePress to display GrowthExperiments components.
In the short term, that means that we want to set this up for the Impact module components.
Note: The Codex project uses VitePress for the demo page of its components. But we cannot readily reuse what they have. It would be nice to have a generic solution that any extension could use, but the scope of this task is to have something that we can use with our extension with a minimal amount of effort.
- Should be able to visit https://doc.wikimedia.org/GrowthExperiments/components to see and interact with the Vue components we create in our extension
- The components we display in VitePress use the same code as the components that are displayed in production in MediaWiki
- The patches have been code reviewed and merged
- The task passes its acceptance criteria
- There are existing and passing unit/integration tests
- Tests for every involved patch should pass
- Coverage for every involved project should have improved or stayed the same
Design & QA
- If the task is UX/Design related: it must be reviewed and approved by the UX/Design team
- Must be reviewed and approved by Quality Assurance.
- Related and updated documentation done where necessary
- Internal technical changes: internal repository documentation must be updated (README.md, JSDoc, PHPDoc)
- Infrastructure technical changes: technical changes that reflect on environment, infrastructure, endpoints or any other area of interest for technical contributors should be reflected on Extension:GrowthExperiments or Extension:GrowthExperiments/Technical documentation pages.