Page MenuHomePhabricator

CentralAuth using wrong Language on Special:MergeAccount
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Author: Trminator

Description:
On Special:MergeAccount, the Name of the WikiGroup is currently given as the one Listed as the one given in MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname instead of the one in int:Centralauth-groupname.

Due to that, it will be always in the language of the Wiki Installation instead of the user-selected locale.


Version: unspecified
Severity: normal

Details

Reference
bz29927

Related Objects

View Standalone Graph
This task is connected to more than 200 other tasks. Only direct parents and subtasks are shown here. Use View Standalone Graph to show more of the graph.

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Normal.Nov 21 2014, 11:32 PM
bzimport set Reference to bz29927.

thor.malmjursson wrote:

Not so, I've just opened Special:MergeAccount from hi.wikipedia.org, with my locale selected as the Hindi Language / Devanagari script, and the whole page is in Hindi. If the language of the installation was being overridden, it would come up in English, no?

thor.malmjursson wrote:

Image of Special:MergeAccount on hi.wikipedia.org taken with Ksnapshot

This is the Special:MergeAccount page from hi.wikipedia.org, note I have my local language set to Hindi, and the page is appearing IN Hindi, not in the language of the Wiki Installation.

Attached:

thor.malmjursson wrote:

And a screenshot of Special:MergeAccount from hi.wikipedia.org with my locale pref set to en-GB

This one is with the prefs set to English-GB for my local language. It's working fine :)

Attached:

Trminator wrote:

Well, go to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Benutzerkonten_zusammenf%C3%BChren (which is where Special:MergeAccount leads on de.) with a en locale.

You will find this:

Once your login is unified, you will be able to log in to any wiki site of der Wikimedia Foundation without creating a new account.

(notice the "of der Wikimedia Foundation" there. Should be "of the", shouldn't it? ;))

Got the same issue on another, private wiki, which has a German installation too, so it might be specific to this?

thor.malmjursson wrote:

I think it possibly is. I'll file a request for the localisation to be looked at, it's possibly just a mistake in the localisation for the german language version.

Thanks for the link, I'll pass it on.

No-L wrote:

@Thor:
on your wiki its different - compare 'centralauth-merge-welcome' in your language here:
http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/CentralAuth/CentralAuth.i18n.php

In the english and german version there is {{MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname}} included in the message - that directs to the installation language of your wiki, not to the local pref language like in {{int:Centralauth-groupname}}.

These are the messages with the (same) bug:
centralauth-desc
centralauth-merge-welcome
centralauth-complete-text
centralauth-incomplete-text

This issue seems to be fixed, but I found another issue :)

You have to be more specific than "it".

I guess this is about {{MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname}} in centralauth-merge-welcome, right?

No-L wrote:

I refered to my previous comment:

These are the messages with the (same) bug:
centralauth-desc
centralauth-merge-welcome
centralauth-complete-text
centralauth-incomplete-text

In those it is {{MediaWiki:Centralauth-groupname}}, but in my opinion it should be {{int:Centralauth-groupname}}

Centralauth-groupname contains language-specific text (i.e. "the" in English, "der" in German) and should therefore be used with "int:" instead od "MediaWiki:".

The Problem occurs, if for example I am using a German wiki with user-language set to English and vince-versa. With "MediaWiki:" it is replaced with the language of the wiki instead of the user-language.

akshay.leadindia wrote:

Fixed in r97168