- - Provide FQDN of system.
- - If other than a hard drive issue, please depool the machine (and confirm that it’s been depooled) for us to work on it. If not, please provide time frame for us to take the machine down.
You can take it down anytime (it's still powered on, but feel free to turn it off).
- - Put system into a failed state in Netbox.
- - Provide urgency of request, along with justification (redundancy, dependencies, etc)
It's not a very urgent request, as only affects our testing setup. This blocks though in a medium span any changes we want to make to production (ex. 316544)
- - Describe issue and/or attach hardware failure log. (Refer to https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Dc-operations/Hardware_Troubleshooting_Runbook if you need help)
The link shows hard down on both sides (host and switch):
root@cloudcephosd2002-dev:~# ip a show dev eno2 3: eno2: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 9000 qdisc mq state DOWN group default qlen 1000 link/ether 2c:ea:7f:3f:ed:d4 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff inet 192.168.4.2/24 scope global eno2 valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
- - Assign correct project tag and appropriate owner (based on above). Also, please ensure the service owners of the host(s) are added as subscribers to provide any additional input.