After usernames are renamed more than once, the move creates pointless .css and .js double redirects that clutter Special:DoubleRedirects and an admin is needed to fix them as these pages are treated like protected pages.
I see three ways to fix this.
- Ignore .css and .js pages while populating Special:DoubleRedirects
- Do not create a redirect after moving .css and .js pages
- Allow bots to edit .css and .js pages if these pages are redirects or allow bots to edit .css and .js pages like admins.
The problematic .css and .js pages are almost always the ones in the former userspace of renamed users.
- T35973: Make moved css/js pages not fail on parse error due to "#REDIRECT"
- T32074: Redirecting css/js wiki pages shouldn't cause syntax errors when loaded as a module.
- T44915: ContentHandler's inability to create redirects for certain content models should be reflected in the UI
- T60017: "Suppress redirect" checkbox on Special:MovePage should not just disappear if ContentHandler doesn't support redirects