0) find a machine with Internet explorer
- login to wikinglish
- open https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa?uselang=ar&useskin=monobook (this will open an article with monobook and an RTL interface language)
- Switch IE to compatibility mode
- Notice that the top menu (talk page, watchlist, logout etc.) is inaccessible
(ATM you can't see it directly on arwiki, because they did not yet activate Echo. you can see the same issue on hewiki).
- in IE, open the console (F12 => Console), and type $('#pt-notifications').remove() notice that the menu becomes accessible again.
- the "Echo" control (usually white "0" on gray background) is not visible in IE+monobook+RTL even when not in "compatibility mode"
- go to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Lisa?useskin=monobook (no "uselang=ar" this time) and activate compatibility mode: note that the "Echo" control as well as the link to your user page are visible, but disabled.