Page MenuHomePhabricator

make message changes character encoding
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

If I use 'make message' to insert a message into the MobileFrontend i18n files, it also re-parses the files and changes the encoding. For example...
아라 changes to \uc544\ub77c
but strangely...
\u003C changes to < and \u0026 changes to &

I tried switching the open( 'file' ) commands to codecs.open( 'file', 'r', 'utf-8' ), but that didn't change anything.


Version: unspecified
Severity: normal

Details

Reference
bz63019

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
bzimport set Reference to bz63019.
kaldari created this task.Mar 24 2014, 6:10 PM

bingle-admin wrote:

Prioritization and scheduling of this bug is tracked on Mingle card https://wikimedia.mingle.thoughtworks.com/projects/mobile/cards/1796

I started a message thread about this on wikitech-l
See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/76270
Your thoughts there are welcomed.

Change 137832 had a related patch set uploaded by Jdlrobson:
Make make message work again.

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/137832

Change 137832 merged by jenkins-bot:
Make make message work again.

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/137832