- Edit some text (e.g the -> foo)
- Edit existing link (e.g. on [[mw:VisualEditor]], link to "Parsoid")
- Enter text that makes up part of a title (e.g. "ResourceLoade", note, the missing "r" at the end)
- Select "ResourceLoader" from the suggestions (due to a bug in our search engine, this is the second suggestion, not the first: [ > ResourceLoade ]
- ResourceLoader/Version 1 Design Specification
- Observe that the suggestions close after selecting an item, and the text field now contains "ResourceLoader". Do not press enter or click anywhere.
- Press Save Page
- Diff shows "the -> foo", and "Parsoid -> ResourceLoader".
- Diff shows "the -> foo".
We both selected a value from the suggestions and then blurred the inspector by clicking "Save page". Either of those actions ought to save the value into the model, but doing both certainly should.
There are two weird things about this:
- Changing step 4 and pressing Enter there instead of Save page, makes it save correctly.
So it seems that we just don't save properly on selection or blurring and require one of Escape-key, Enter-key, Back-button or focussing surface (instead of blurring inspector / focussing anything in the main window, e.g. toolbar / save button as well, not just surface).
- Changing step 2/3 to type "ResourceLoader" straight up, and not pressing Enter or clicking anywhere before clicking Save page also works.
So it seems that merely changing focus from input field to save page can be enough to have it saved. Maybe we have an exception for onkeyup/onchange and select is bypassing that?