Hi! Great tool, with some minor issues, which I have listed below. No idea if it's the right place, I'm a bit lost now. It could be that a part of this is related to T76774.
- Renaming a non-SUL account (requested through a local wiki) will not create any public log excluding pagemoves. See es.wikibooks recentchanges, "Global Renaming test account (Savh)" was a non SUL account, rename requested through [[es:b:Special:GlobalRenameRequest]] and performed, no local nor meta log.
- Accounts whose requests are rejected should also be notified. Since they are submitted privately, posting a response on-wiki may not be ideal.
- I've done some testing, and haven't yet received a mail informing me that my account was renamed. Is that only me? Can that be checked?
Ideally, though I'm aware that it's more complicated:
- maybe have an interface for users requesting renames to check up on their request (this related to my second point above)
- Have a link in the rename Log to the request (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:GlobalRenameQueue/request/1/), even if only privately visible, increases transparency for other renamers.
However, since we're (or maybe it's only me) always complaining, I also want to thank you for this tool, which will definitely improve the handling of the renames. Thanks!