Notification that says:
"Topic title / Username hid this topic on Talk:Boardname."
The notification links to the Topic page, which displays the messages, the name of the user who hid the topic, and the stated reason for removing it. Users can also unhide the topic from this page.
- I am a villainous user who posted inappropriate things. I am now being notified that the topic was removed, so that I can see the reason that it was removed, and become a better person.
- I am a good user who posted or replied to a good topic, which was removed by villains. I'm being notified so that I can unhide the topic and admonish the villain.
- I am following the board, and receiving notifications about newly-posted topics. I'm being notified so that I can stay aware of what's happening on the board.
Question for grooming meeting: Let's say a villain posts several stupid, inappropriate spam topics. Should everybody watching the page get multiple notifications that say "Baloney sandwiches" etc? Is that broadcasting to too many people?
- If the hidden topic is restored to the board, then this notification should be retracted.
- There is no corresponding notification for deleted topics.