As the Wikimedia Foundation initiated the 2015 strategy process, we reviewed our accomplishments and challenges from the prior year. We identified a need for better alignment, improved processes, and greater clarity.
In response the WMF developed a set of actions for 2015, designed to focus the organization around immediate and long-term mission-driven opportunities. These objectives are intended to reinforce the core of the Wikimedia Foundation and prepare us for the future. They reflect our commitment and calibration around excellence, community, and innovation.
We are calling them our 2015 Call to Action.
Improve technology & execution
- T98349: WMF to define commitments, and deliver on-time and on-budget
- T98350: WMF to make decisions based on data
- T98351: WMF to improve its process for community input and allocate dedicated technical resources to community requests.
- T98352: Update legacy architectures and deliver mobile-ready infrastructure and services to support structured data, user security, and a simplified user experience
Focus on knowledge & community
- T98353: WMF to integrate across community engagement functions to improve communication and results
- T98354: Create a central, multilingual hub for community support
- T98355: Have a working plan to support emerging users and communities
- T98357: WMF to improve our measures of community health and content quality, and fund effective community and content initiatives
Support innovation & new knowledge
- T98358: WMF to integrate, consolidate, and pause or stop stalled initiatives
- T98359: Create spaces for future community-led innovations and new knowledge creation
- T98360: Facilitate and support new models and structures for knowledge curation
- T98361: Strengthen partnerships with organizations that use or contribute free content, or are aligned with the WMF in the free-knowledge movement
Source -- some actions have been slightly edited to work better as titles of Phabricator tasks.