Oct 4 2023
Oct 3 2023
The issue was noticed on Pikipedia.
Sep 30 2023
Sep 29 2023
If you happen to have TextExtracts you should update that one too since recent changes will stop updating with edits otherwise
Gotta update MobileFrontend to the latest 1_39 version which includes this change
Aug 20 2023
Jul 15 2023
Jun 29 2023
Jun 13 2023
Apr 28 2023
Mar 28 2023
Feb 25 2023
I figured there was value in having the more granular control as an option in case a different issue arises, or someone just wants to use the HTML file cache without the ResourceLoader file cache for whatever reason.
Feb 24 2023
Oct 20 2022
May 22 2022
Mar 4 2022
Jan 30 2022
Sep 26 2021
Sep 5 2021
Sep 2 2021
Jan 10 2021
Ah, not a perfect solution then. I figured out the root cause of the issue (at least in my case). What I was doing is including __TOC__ before the body text (floated to the right), and the TOC includes a h2 header. The regex in TextExtract's ApiQueryExtracts.php getFirstSection function thinks the h2 in the TOC is the article's first section, and is getting all content before it, which is nothing (plaintext is false so it's looking for <h?> tags). It doesn't matter that the TOC is a div or wrapped in a div since that stuff is stripped out after the regex is run.
Remove the exintro parameter and it works well. The parameter must be removed in order to actually be false - if it's set to true, false, or anything else it is taken as true, which is why the way $wgPopupsTextExtractsIntroOnly is implemented doesn't make sense to me.
Dec 17 2020
I had a user who couldn't access a MediaWiki 1.35 wiki on iOS 10.3.3, with an error message saying "cannot open page because the network connection was lost". I commented-out $response->header( 'Content-Length: ' . ob_get_length() ); in MediaWiki.php and that fixed it for them.
Dec 12 2020
Oct 15 2020
May 20 2019
Changing the if statement in the loadText function back to != instead of !== seems to fix it.
Mar 5 2019
Feb 14 2017
Jul 13 2016
I used the MobileMenu hook to add a recent changes button to the menu, then used MediaWiki:Mobile.css to give it an icon. So the icon appears on every page but those special pages.
Jul 12 2016
Jul 8 2016
I just upgraded to 1.27 and I had the same problem. Here is the fix:
Dec 29 2015
I do not. $wgShowExceptionDetails didn't add anything, I just made the change and it worked.
Dec 27 2015
I found that the issue was caused by this change:
Oops, I missed copying the line number. It's 136.
Dec 21 2015
Everything is functioning as expected when it comes to page redirects and actions.
Dec 20 2015
With the patch applied to 1.23.12, there are still fatal errors:
Dec 18 2015
I suspect that some 1.27 code made it into all the recent releases (1.26.1, 1.25.4, 1.24.5, and 1.23.12) and the problem is with all these versions. I've only personally tested 1.23.12, but just finding a wiki on 1.26.1, I notice the issue:
The default value of true - did not customize it.
Enabling $wgShowExceptionDetails doesn't result in any more information being provided.