Steps to reproduce
- Open https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Neil_P._Quinn-WMF/Parsoid_500_a?veaction=edit and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Neil_P._Quinn-WMF/Parsoid_500_b?veaction=edit.
- Copy and paste the reference from surface b into surface a.
- The auto-generated <references /> block now displays "2. This reference is defined in a template or other generated block, and for now can only be edited in source mode." instead of the reference text.
- Try reviewing your changes (or saving). The save dialog returns the error "Could not start the review because your revision matches the latest version of this page."
- Add something between the two references, like a space or an X or a line break.
- Try reviewing your changes (or saving). Parsoid now returns a 500 error.
Occurs in Firefox and Safari, but not Chrome.