Page MenuHomePhabricator

[CatWatch] Page ID for categorizations in API inconsistent
Closed, DeclinedPublic5 Story Points

Description

The pageid in API output (for watchlist and recentchanges) for categorizations is inconsistent with other pageids. Example change:

{
    "type": "categorize",
    "ns": 14,
    "title": "Kategorie:TestKategorie",
    "pageid": 1205,
    "revid": 11474,
    "old_revid": 0,
    "rcid": 17417,
    "timestamp": "2015-08-19T16:27:42Z"
},

1205 is not the page ID for Kategorie:TestKategorie, but for Wikipedia:Spielwiese, the page that was categorized. In all other places title and pageid refer to the same page, so the current behavior is inconsistent.

Event Timeline

Schnark created this task.Aug 20 2015, 7:21 AM
Schnark raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
Schnark updated the task description. (Show Details)
Schnark added subscribers: Schnark, kai.nissen.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptAug 20 2015, 7:21 AM
Anomie closed this task as Resolved.Aug 20 2015, 7:43 PM
Anomie claimed this task.
Anomie added a subscriber: Anomie.

Feature was reverted with https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/232764/

Hopefully they fix this if they resubmit the feature.

RP88 added a subscriber: RP88.Aug 20 2015, 8:30 PM
Addshore reopened this task as Open.Aug 25 2015, 11:50 AM
Addshore added a subscriber: Addshore.

Re opening per https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/233441/ being open and a WIP which should then solve this issue

Re opening per https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/233441/ being open and a WIP which should then solve this issue

It seems odd to me to have a bug open when it only exists in code that isn't actually merged anywhere.

Sitic added a subscriber: Sitic.Aug 25 2015, 3:03 PM
Tobi_WMDE_SW removed Anomie as the assignee of this task.Aug 26 2015, 1:41 PM
Tobi_WMDE_SW triaged this task as Normal priority.
Tobi_WMDE_SW edited a custom field.
Tobi_WMDE_SW renamed this task from [Category Watchlist] Page ID for categorizations in API inconsistent to [CatWatch] Page ID for categorizations in API inconsistent.Aug 28 2015, 7:18 AM
Addshore moved this task from Backlog to Doing on the TCB-Team-Sprint-2015-08-26 board.

Change 233441 had a related patch set uploaded (by Addshore):
[WIP] Enable users to watch category membership changes (try #2)

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/233441

Addshore added a comment.EditedAug 31 2015, 12:06 PM

So, I just went and change this in the current change.
The change can be seen at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/233441/4..5/includes/changes/RecentChange.php

This however means that RCCacheEntryFactory now no longer has any access to the pageid of the change that may have added / removed the category...
Which I guess was why it was done the way it was done!

Then I went to read https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Recentchanges_table specifically for rc_title and rc_cur_id and it doesn't actually state that they necessarily refer to the same thing

The more I look at it the more I feel that....
title and namespace must refer to the Category in question
cur_id, this_oldid, last_oldid must refer to the change / edit if possible (that added or removed the cat)
Although this kind of sucks as then there is no ID for the category, just a title, though this probably doesn't matter too much... I mean the title doesn't change if I move a page, so it wont change if I move a category....

Addshore closed this task as Declined.Oct 20 2015, 9:57 PM
Addshore moved this task from Review to Done on the TCB-Team-Sprint-2015-10-14 board.
Addshore moved this task from Incoming to Done on the TCB-Team board.Nov 27 2015, 10:29 AM