Page MenuHomePhabricator

[Story] Editing units should show unit label instead of URIs right away.
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

[Add] When I add a value with unit it should not be possible to enter non-vocabulary-repo URIs via the UI. It is only possible to select an Item from the vocabulary repo that represents the unit (via the suggester or copy-pasting a valid concept URI).

[Edit] When I edit a value with a unit:

  • Vocabulary repo concept URIs : it should never show the URI instead the label always is shown.
  • Some URI: it should show the URI and it should allow me to edit the value, but it is only possible to change the URI by selecting an item. (old Data/imports/errors)

In essence this means it is only possible to enter non vocabulary repo concept URIs via the API, but there must be a configuration that allows to reject non concept URIs of the vocabulary lookup repository.

Keep in mind:
In the future it should be possible to configure a remote vocabulary lookup repository that has the same behavior as on Wikidata (selecting, label resolving)

Event Timeline

Jonas raised the priority of this task from to High.
Jonas updated the task description. (Show Details)
Jonas added subscribers: Lydia_Pintscher, thiemowmde.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptAug 28 2015, 1:51 PM
Jonas updated the task description. (Show Details)Aug 28 2015, 1:56 PM
Jonas set Security to None.
Jonas updated the task description. (Show Details)Aug 28 2015, 2:00 PM
Jonas updated the task description. (Show Details)Aug 28 2015, 2:04 PM
thiemowmde updated the task description. (Show Details)Sep 1 2015, 1:14 PM
thiemowmde added a project: ValueView.
thiemowmde updated the task description. (Show Details)Sep 1 2015, 1:17 PM
thiemowmde added a comment.EditedSep 1 2015, 1:22 PM

Note that there are two unrelated (sub) tasks in this tasks description:

  1. The task itself is about blocking non-Wikidata URIs on Wikidata, when editing via the UI.
  2. Non-concept URIs should be blocked via the relevant validator, e.g. wikidata.org/wiki/Q1 should actively be blocked, even if external URIs are allowed. I created a ticket for that but can't find it, see T102840: [Story] Disallow wikidata.org URIs to non-Item pages in unit/globe/calendar values.
  3. Introducing the necessary remote-lookups that are needed before a "vocabularyLookupApiUrl" setting (see https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/233948/5/view/resources/wikibase/view/ViewFactory.js) can be introduced must be tracked in other tickets (probably a bigger Story, if not an Epic).

I created T111058 to split out the part of blocking other URIs.

Jonas updated the task description. (Show Details)Sep 2 2015, 10:14 AM
daniel renamed this task from [Story] Editing units should hide Wikidata concept URIs to [Story] Editing units should show unit label instead of URIs right away..Sep 2 2015, 12:06 PM
Jonas moved this task from Backlog to Doing on the Wikidata-Sprint-2015-09-01 board.

Patches for review:

And:

daniel added a subscriber: daniel.Sep 2 2015, 4:24 PM

@Lydia_Pintscher Didn't see the task you created, so I created T111171: [Task] Restrict URIs for units, calendars, and globes. Sorry for the confusion, I have tried to sort it out now.

Change 235495 had a related patch set uploaded (by Daniel Kinzler):
Use QuantityHtmlFormatter

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/235495

Patch on github that enables showing the label instead of the uri https://github.com/wmde/ValueView/pull/190

Change 235495 merged by jenkins-bot:
Introduce VocabularyUriFormatter and use QuantityHtmlFormatter

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/235495