TL;DR would need new Zuul .deb to be pushed to apt.wikimedia.org for Precise/Trusty/Jessie
Last week I finally went to upgrade Zuul to the latest version. It is a tedious process to have the same code base to support all three distributions, most notably the python packages are severely outdated. We went with dh_virtualenv which let us easily embed dependencies in the Zuul packages.
I already upgraded:
- Zuul scheduler and merger instances on gallium (Precise).
- All the CI slaves (Precise/Trusty)
Left to do is:
- installing Zuul on the Jessie slaves (we lacked a package for Jessie)
- Provision Zuul client on the Nodepool instances which are Jessie
- Get Zuul installed on scandium, the new merger (Jessie) T95046
The breakdown is:
Note how Ubuntu uses main whereas with Jessie we now uses thirdparty.
All three packages are based on the same tarball zuul_2.1.0-60-g1cc37f7.orig.tar.gz which is upstream commit 1cc37f7b469a892cdbd16db6aa1d500a1200c417
Should be no impact on production since I already upgraded the packages.