This is a task to make sure we track which community wishlist projects are being working on at the hackathon in Esino Lario.
Which tasks were finished? Which made significant progress? Which might slight progress? Which are stalled? Which have made no progress? Any idea why?
Also maybe track information about other non-community wishlist projects as well in the same way.
- #9 T120435: Improve the plagiarism detection bot - new version showcased
- #23 T48580: Create a VisualEditor plugin to integrate with ProofreadPage - with further work needed on the blockers attached to the parent task T138966: Make the VisualEditor/ProofreadPage integration good enough to enable by default
- #36 T97672: Allow exporting MediaWiki pages in EPUB format - working draft showcased
- #39 T73808: Support tables in PDF rendering (tracking) - discussion and prototyping
- TCB #16 Revision-Slider - new version showcased
- #25 T120788: Tool to use Google OCRs in Indic language Wikisource - researching options
- TCB #1 T137318: Session about improving the resolution of edit conflicts - discussion and feedback session
- 23 presentations given in T132719: Wikimania 2016 Hackathon Showcase
- More work that isn't obvious to us via phabricator, such as code in github or only locally, or work onwiki such as
- T76229: [Story] create demo infoboxes - a large page of documentation was created at https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Infobox_Tutorial
- Many other productive discussion and presentation sessions, listed at Wikimania-Hackathon-2016
Hypotheses on why some recommended tasks made no progress:
- Limited number of lead-developers available to both shepherd each idea, and provide guidance on specific issues encountered during work.
- Insufficient details available on the tasks, for newcomers (to the project, not necessarily to MediaWiki) to get started by themselves.
- Tasks too large, and still need to be broken down into smaller subtasks.