https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/query/advanced/ has four fields and a checkbox to select projects (!!), and their function is extremely hard to understand.
- "In All Projects" and "In Any Project" sound like yes/no questions to me, so they'd have the same meaning and would be checkboxes.
Tentative understanding of the supposed meaning of the field labels:
- "In All Projects" → "In all the following projects:"
- "In Any Project" → "In one of the following projects:"
- "Not In Projects" → "In none of the following projects:"
- "In Users' Projects" → ??? (T1377)
Additionally, the labels are not consistent with the others, which use
- preposition: "Assigned To"; or
- apposition: "Authors", "Subscribers".
Labels should stick to a consistent grammatical construction. Using a verbal predicate where the subject is the task, for instance, would be:
- Is assigned to
- Has authors
- Has subscribers
- Is in projects
- Is in a project
- Is not in projects
- ??? (T1377)
Usage of colons and/or consistent determiners and/or a sensible layout may help making the form simpler to understand.
In general however the form is made a mess by the inconsistent decision of having 4 fields + 1 checkbox (AND, OR, AND NOT, ???, AND NOT *) for one property, and nothing for all the other properties. All the properties should get a consistent interface.