Page MenuHomePhabricator

[Regression pre-wmf.8] Cite menu -> Citoid button doesn't happen when content language and user language differ or on uselang=XXX any more
Closed, ResolvedPublic1 Story Points

Description

I presume the i18n-always-exist changes broke it looking for content language rather than user language?

[This is blocking a run of the new screenshots task.]

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added subscribers: Zppix, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJun 28 2016, 3:53 PM
Jdforrester-WMF renamed this task from [Regression pre-wmf.8] Cite menu -> Citoid button doesn't happen on uselang=XXX any more to [Regression pre-wmf.8] Cite menu -> Citoid button doesn't happen when content language and user language differ or on uselang=XXX any more.Jul 2 2016, 9:43 AM

Change 297806 had a related patch set uploaded (by Esanders):
Always load Citoid type map from data module

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/297806

Elitre added a subscriber: Elitre.Jul 8 2016, 12:18 PM

Change 297806 merged by jenkins-bot:
Always load Citoid type map from data module

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/297806

Change 298327 had a related patch set uploaded (by Jforrester):
Always load Citoid type map from data module

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/298327

Change 298327 merged by jenkins-bot:
Always load Citoid type map from data module

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/298327

Jdforrester-WMF closed this task as Resolved.Jul 12 2016, 12:03 AM
Jdforrester-WMF assigned this task to Esanders.

Now fixed in production. Sorry, all!

I've just tested the new change with the person who reported the problem to me in the first place. When logged in (even after logging out and back in again) the problem persisted on English and Catalan Wikipedias (not any other language WP).

However, then I got this person to look at their language preferences - and they were set to en-GB. When I changed it to simply "en", then the citation system works correctly now.

So, for this person, the problem is solved by changing their profile to "en" from "en-gb". But there's something still odd with the system that refuses to show the citation tool when set to that language.

Jdforrester-WMF reopened this task as Open.Jul 22 2016, 7:10 PM

I've just tested the new change with the person who reported the problem to me in the first place. When logged in (even after logging out and back in again) the problem persisted on English and Catalan Wikipedias (not any other language WP).
However, then I got this person to look at their language preferences - and they were set to en-GB. When I changed it to simply "en", then the citation system works correctly now.
So, for this person, the problem is solved by changing their profile to "en" from "en-gb". But there's something still odd with the system that refuses to show the citation tool when set to that language.

Sorry, the fix might have taken a little while to apply; changing language to 'en-gb' is not necessary. I've just tested this again in production in en, en-gb, and fr, and it works in all of them.

Jdforrester-WMF closed this task as Resolved.Jul 22 2016, 7:10 PM

Bah.