- Name of tool/project: ArticleCreationWorkflow
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ArticleCreationWorkflow
- Name of team requesting review: Community Tech
- Primary contact: @kaldari
- Target date for deployment: Q1 (July 2017)
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/EACW/browse/master/
- Programming Language(s) Used: PHP
Description of the tool/project
ArticleCreationWorkflow is a simple extension that intercepts certain users when they attempt to create a new page and sends them to a special page instead. The contents of the special page are configurable on-wiki (as a MediaWiki message).
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
The initial use of the this extension will be during the English Wikipedia ACTRIAL to direct non-autoconfirmed users to either create new articles in their user sandbox or via the Article Wizard.
Has this project been reviewed before?
Working test environment
Currently set up at http://commtech.wmflabs.org/. You can test at http://commtech.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Cat&action=edit. You will need to have an account and be logged in. Ping me on IRC when you're ready to test and I can walk you through it.
Community Tech will be responsible for the project after deployment.