Page MenuHomePhabricator

"[CX] Invalid target title" error for any translated article title
Closed, InvalidPublic

Description

The error is present in wmf.29 and wmf.30 (and in cx testing). The Console error appears repeatedly while typing any title (including leaving it blank).

  1. Start translating any article.
  2. On the ContentTranslation page change the title to anything - e.g. 'Test', the following error will be displayed in the Console:
[CX] Invalid target title
mw.cx.TranslationController.onTargetTitleChange
oo.EventEmitter.emit
ve.init.mw.CXTarget.onTargetTitleChange
oo.EventEmitter.emit
oo.EventEmitter.emit
OO.ui.InputWidget.setValue	
(anonymous)	
setTimeout (async)		
OO.ui.InputWidget.onEdit	
dispatch	
elemData.handle

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a project: ContentTranslation. · View Herald TranscriptMar 21 2018, 8:39 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript
Etonkovidova updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 18 2018, 4:20 PM
Etonkovidova renamed this task from CX2: "[CX] Invalid target title" error for any translated article title to "[CX] Invalid target title" error for any translated article title.Apr 18 2018, 4:22 PM
Etonkovidova updated the task description. (Show Details)

I cannot reproduce this on cx-testing and cx2-testing. @Etonkovidova, does this happen for all language pairs and any edit to target article title? I have tried opening some recommended articles for en->es and sr->en language pairs on cx-testing and cx2-testing. Changing target title works as expected and no errors are logged in console.

I cannot reproduce this on cx-testing and cx2-testing. @Etonkovidova, does this happen for all language pairs and any edit to target article title? I have tried opening some recommended articles for en->es and sr->en language pairs on cx-testing and cx2-testing. Changing target title works as expected and no errors are logged in console.

@Etonkovidova, ping about this. I'm still not seeing this error.

@Petar.petkovic Sorry for a delayed response - it's still reproducible on wmf.5 (production) and in cx-testing. I looked into the steps description - probably they need some clarification as following:

(1) Select an article that already exists in a target language. Start translation.
(2) The loaded translation page will have the warning "A page with the title Test exists in the target wiki. Consider giving the page a different title." because the target article title is prefilled.
(3) Change the target article title to something that most likely exists, e.g. "Test" - the Console error appears - "[CX] Invalid target title".
Start deleting "Test" titles - as soon as it comes to something that also exists, e.g. "T" - the Console error appears again.

Petar.petkovic closed this task as Invalid.May 30 2018, 4:55 PM

We log "[CX] Invalid target title" only on CX1. It doesn't represent any JS error that prevents users from further usage of the tool, it's just a log to keep track.
It gets triggered with any invalid input, including usage of invalid characters and empty title.

There will be no console log in CX2, but error card will be shown in tools column, as described in T190804 and T190805.