As part of T208246 we have detected that the "Your password is not valid, Please choose a new password now or skip" message displays for all users on log in, regardless of permissions/rights/groups. This is how it appears on desktop:
As agreed for T208441: 👩👦👦 AHT password strengthing work, 2018/19, this message should only appear for privileged users (e.g. users in the administrators group and similar). We do not want this message to appear for non-privileged users at this time — we do not know the scope of users it would affect and we do not want to risk frightening off a large population of our contributors.
- The 'Your password is not valid' message should function as-is for privileged users
- Privileged users = same logic/list from T208246
- Desktop and mobile web
- The 'Your password is not valid" message should not appear if a user is not in any advanced permissions groups
- They should be allowed to log-in uninterrupted.
- Note that this should not affect password reset.
- On desktop and mobile web
- Communicate with the iOS and Android teams about their apps, if needed.
- This workflow is broken on mobile apps: T157517