Steps to reproduce
- Open Special:Search@GermanWikipedia in advanced mode.
- Enter the following search term: incategory:Vorlage:Fremdsprachenunterstützung insource:/invoke:Vorlage:lang\|full/
- Make sure no particular namespace is specified.
- 20 of 223 results should be shown.
- Note that by nature of incategory all results are from template namespace.
- In advanced mode all namespaces are searched.
- Now try to get next 20 from result set, or extend the number of hits to 50 100 250 500.
- Clicking one of such links leads to no results any longer.
Show (previous 20 | next 20) (20 | 50 | 100 | 250 | 500)
Neither the &profile=advanced nor any namespace information is provided by the offered URL for consecutive pages.
- Therefore the follow-up is searching ns=0 only.
- All results are expected in ns=10.
The offered links next/previous/more must preserve relevant settings from current page URL, e.g. &profile=advanced or any &ns= which might influence the result set.
Task has been rewritten
On first attempt an escaping-encoding-decoding problem has been assumed.
- It turned out that this was not the cause.
- It just happened that suspicious characters occurred in search expression when behaviour was encountered the first time.
Please ignore discussion before 16 December.