As part of the work to allow multiple users to translate the same topic (T86151), we want to let the user know that other in-progress translations were started when the user is in the translation editor. This lets the user anticipate potential issues when (a) starting, (b) continuing or (c) trying to publish a translation.
The message will be shown using the issue communication system (T189488) with a summary text and an associated warning card.
The issue summary.
The issue summary will have a different message depending on whether one or more translations by other users exist (same warning text used in T214380 ):
- If one translation exists: "Another in-progress translation was started by <username> <time-period> ago". The time-period will be expressed in days (if it is less than 60), or months since the translation was started.
- When there are more than one in-progres version of the translation : "Other in-progress translations were started by <number> users".
The issue card
The issue card shows the following message:
Other in-progress translations were started for this topic
Other users already started translating this topic for the selected languages. Check them to avoid publishing conflicts.
- "Learn more" link will link to the corresponding page about this topic in the documentation.
- "View existing translations" will open the list of in-progress translations (T214409)
- "Mark as resolved" will discard the issue.