This task tracks updates to the research.wikimedia.org landing page. Feel free to comment or edit the task description directly to add updates.
- Documentation: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Technology/LandingPage
- Gerrit: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/projects/research/landing-page,dashboards/default
General Suggestions for Adding Content
- Publications [ https://research.wikimedia.org/publications.html ]
- use the ACM citation export and add a DOI in clear at the end if available
- make sure to also copy the relevant publications under the relevant program page and creating a potential recent updates item
- Projects [ https://research.wikimedia.org/projects.html + subpages ]
- consider adding new collaborators since the last update
- create recent updates cards (news articles should be added to News section as well)
- update the footer with new datasets, resources, videos
- add the relevant publications (there should be one entry in the project page and one in the master list of publications).
- the format we've been using is the one available from the ACM DL (Export format -> ACM Ref)
- Consider re-organizing the feature projects on the first page around knowledge gaps / integrity
- Anything Wikimania-related?
- Thanks blog post: https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/09/25/thanks-for-the-thank-examining-the-efficacy-of-wikipedias-thanks-feature/
- Something about Doris' Outreachy project?
- Update WikiWorkshop banner on Events page
- Remove WikiCite from Events
- Add a Research Fellow section (under team.html) and have Bob West there.
- Remove External team members section.
- Suppress Former members. We may bring this back later under a different format.
- Eliciting new editors' interests blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/10/21/welcome-to-wikipedia-heres-what-were-doing-to-help-you-stick-around/
- Add Djellel
- Change collaborators page to indicate that the examples listed are not necessarily current but are (potentially) past collaborations. This reduces the need to update this section as our collaborations change.
- Add Martin
- Ethical AI blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/07/18/designing-ethically-with-ai-how-wikimedia-can-harness-machine-learning-in-a-responsible-and-human-centered-way/
- Add news card re: ICWSM paper being the recipient of the Outstanding Problem-Solution paper award
- Update publications section for Why We Read Wikipedia project page
- Team updates
- Remove job posting links from main page when position closes
- Remove job posting links from header (replace w/ WikiResearch)
- Add VentureBeat article to News section
- Add ICWSM paper: Ramtin Yazdanian, Leila Zia, Jonathan Morgan, Bahodir Mansurov, Robert West. 2019. Eliciting New Wikipedia Users’ Interests via Automatically Mined Questionnaires: For a Warm Welcome, Not a Cold Start. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM '19).
- Standardize date for Who Did What: Editor Role Identification in Wikipedia in Publications page.
- Link to Citation Needed blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/2019/04/03/can-machine-learning-uncover-wikipedias-missing-citation-needed-tags/
- Add VentureBeat article: https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/11/how-wikimedia-is-using-machine-learning-to-spot-missing-citations/
- Fix typos (T220454) and make dates consistent across pages (in shortened format -- i.e. "Oct" instead of "October")
- Ethical AI White Paper: Figshare and Commons
- Links to job posting and FAQs
- EMNLP paper added
- Updated Leila's title and moved Dario to former member
- Added Miriam's Citation Needed WebConf 2019 paper
- Added Leila's Thanks WikiWorkshop 2019 paper
- Added Isaac's Page Views WikiWorkshop 2019 paper