This task tracks updates to the research.wikimedia.org landing page. Feel free to comment or edit the task description directly to add updates.
- Documentation: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Technology/LandingPage
- Gerrit: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/projects/research/landing-page,dashboards/default
General Suggestions for Adding Content
- Publications [ https://research.wikimedia.org/publications.html ]
- use the ACM citation export and add a DOI in clear at the end if available
- make sure to also copy the relevant publications under the relevant program page and creating a potential recent updates item
- Projects [ https://research.wikimedia.org/projects.html + subpages ]
- consider adding new collaborators since the last update
- create recent updates cards (news articles should be added to News section as well)
- update the footer with new datasets, resources, videos
- add the relevant publications (there should be one entry in the project page and one in the master list of publications).
- the format we've been using is the one available from the ACM DL (Export format -> ACM Ref)
- sockpuppet update when tool interface complete
- Wikimania sessions to Foundational
- mwsql announcement to Foundational
- Wikinav techblog post, Disinformation blogpost, Search blogpost
- Fix CI pipeline (T290100)
- Add office hours to events (T283821)
- Image competition blogpost and call-to-action: https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2021/09/09/the-wikipedia-image-caption-matching-challenge-and-a-huge-release-of-image-data-for-research/
- mental health awareness blogpost (content warning: suicide): https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/09/09/world-suicide-prevention-day-and-the-opportunity-to-increase-access-to-mental-health-information-on-wikimedia-projects/
- Diego's CIKM paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.00835
- Update ICWSM 21 publications to 15th instead of 13th annual conference (bug caught by MG)
- search referral blogpost to foundational: https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2021/06/07/searching-for-wikipedia/
- Pablo/Diego's risk observatory workshop paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.15940
- Martin's link recommendation paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2105.15110
- Add Emily
- Update IRC channel to Libera
- TREC update
- New SIGIR paper/dataset: https://arxiv.org/abs/2105.04117
- Belated add of patrolling report: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Patrolling_on_Wikipedia/Report
- COVID dataset: https://figshare.com/articles/dataset/COVID-19_Pandemic_Wikipedia_Readership/14548032
- Change (most) unmaintained pages into redirects
- Change WikiWorkshop registration link back to follow WikiResearch
- Add Research of the Year award
- Add awards section
- Add Diego's paper on language propagation
- add a line for the publications page and foundational for Miriam's WWW publication.
- Add announcement about TREC track to Foundational
- Add Wikiworkshop announcement to Foundational. Header: Wiki Workshop 2021. Date: March 2021. Text: The 8th annual Wiki Workshop is scheduled for April 14, 2021 and as part of the Web Conference 2021. You are invited to participate. Read more
- populated project-specific publications list
- add an announcement about the knowledge propagation data release for knowledge integrity.
- publications.html -> Isaac Johnson, Florian Lemmerich, Diego Sáez-Trumper, Robert West, Markus Strohmaier, Leila Zia. 2021. Global gender differences in Wikipedia readership. To appear in: Proceedings of the Thirteenth International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM '21).
- Change the "Submit to Wiki Workshop 2021" to "Register for Wiki Workshop 2021" and link it to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeiq7MUp9ln8Z9KijslxRh18eT0bqCpQqAGjunC4n99WMumSw/viewform
- Add Pablo to team page
- Update KG Taxonomy publication for 2nd draft plus in the form of an update in the corresponding page
- Change "We're Hiring" button to "Submit to WikiWorkshop 2021" button
- Update WikiWorkshop banner and Showcase screenshot
- Update team with Fabian
- Add A Taxonomy of Knowledge Gaps for Wikimedia Projects (First Draft) to publications list / knowledge gaps project
- Add Moskalenko, O., Parra, D., & Saez-Trumper, D. (2020). Scalable Recommendation of Wikipedia Articles to Editors Using Representation Learning. ComplexRec 2020, Workshop on Recommendation in Complex Scenarios at the ACM RecSys Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2020)
- Add Liubonko, K., & Sáez-Trumper, D. (2020, April). Matching Ukrainian Wikipedia Red Links with English Wikipedia’s Articles. In Companion Proceedings of the Web Conference 2020 (pp. 819-826).
- Add Saez-Trumper, D. (2019). Online Disinformation and the Role of Wikipedia. arXiv preprint arXiv:1910.12596.
- Add Lorini, V., Rando, J., Saez-Trumper, D., & Castillo, C. (2020). Uneven Coverage of Natural Disasters in Wikipedia: the Case of Flood. ISCRAM 2020 Conference Proceedings -- 17th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management} (pp. 688--703). Blacksburg, VA (USA): Virginia Tech
- Add https://arxiv.org/abs/2011.00997
- Style / grunt updates per T257843
- Update the team page with the following title updates: Diego -> Senior Research Scientist, Miriam -> Senior Research Scientist, Leila -> Director, Head of Research.
- Take down old mirror of landing page at https://wikimedia-research.github.io/landing-page/ (presumably handled via this repo: https://github.com/wikimedia-research/landing-page)
- Add event card for Understanding Engagement with Images in Wikipedia under Knowledge Gaps page
- Update git repo URL in package.json
- Add event card for Thanks blog post under Foundational page
- Add event card for Global gender differences in Wikipedia readership under Knowledge Gaps page
- A number of updates for WikiWorkshop (handled by bmansurov)
- Add Djellel's photo
- Re-organized the feature projects on the first page around knowledge gaps / integrity / foundational work
- Changed from "Project" language to "Program" language
- Update WikiWorkshop banner on Events page
- Research report (this included mentions of the Outreachy internships and Wikimania sessions, which had been missing from the site)
- Added Martin's photo
- Remove WikiCite from Events
- Add a Research Fellow section (under team.html) and have Bob West there.
- Remove External team members section.
- Suppress Former members. We may bring this back later under a different format.
- Eliciting new editors' interests blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/10/21/welcome-to-wikipedia-heres-what-were-doing-to-help-you-stick-around/
- Add Djellel
- Change collaborators page to indicate that the examples listed are not necessarily current but are (potentially) past collaborations. This reduces the need to update this section as our collaborations change.
- Add Martin
- Ethical AI blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/07/18/designing-ethically-with-ai-how-wikimedia-can-harness-machine-learning-in-a-responsible-and-human-centered-way/
- Add news card re: ICWSM paper being the recipient of the Outstanding Problem-Solution paper award
- Update publications section for Why We Read Wikipedia project page
- Team updates
- Remove job posting links from main page when position closes
- Remove job posting links from header (replace w/ WikiResearch)
- Add VentureBeat article to News section
- Add ICWSM paper: Ramtin Yazdanian, Leila Zia, Jonathan Morgan, Bahodir Mansurov, Robert West. 2019. Eliciting New Wikipedia Users’ Interests via Automatically Mined Questionnaires: For a Warm Welcome, Not a Cold Start. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM '19).
- Standardize date for Who Did What: Editor Role Identification in Wikipedia in Publications page.
- Link to Citation Needed blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/2019/04/03/can-machine-learning-uncover-wikipedias-missing-citation-needed-tags/
- Add VentureBeat article: https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/11/how-wikimedia-is-using-machine-learning-to-spot-missing-citations/
- Fix typos (T220454) and make dates consistent across pages (in shortened format -- i.e. "Oct" instead of "October")
- Ethical AI White Paper: Figshare and Commons
- Links to job posting and FAQs
- EMNLP paper added
- Updated Leila's title and moved Dario to former member
- Added Miriam's Citation Needed WebConf 2019 paper
- Added Leila's Thanks WikiWorkshop 2019 paper
- Added Isaac's Page Views WikiWorkshop 2019 paper
- Refactor design to source headers/footers from a single source (see: T181588)