This task tracks updates to the research.wikimedia.org landing page. Feel free to comment or edit the task description directly to add updates.
- Documentation: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Technology/LandingPage
- Gerrit: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/projects/research/landing-page,dashboards/default
General Suggestions for Adding Content
- Publications [ https://research.wikimedia.org/publications.html ]
- use the ACM citation export and add a DOI in clear at the end if available
- make sure to also copy the relevant publications under the relevant program page and creating a potential recent updates item
- Projects [ https://research.wikimedia.org/projects.html + subpages ]
- consider adding new collaborators since the last update
- create recent updates cards (news articles should be added to News section as well)
- update the footer with new datasets, resources, videos
- add the relevant publications (there should be one entry in the project page and one in the master list of publications).
- the format we've been using is the one available from the ACM DL (Export format -> ACM Ref)
- Trim "Recent updates" section for programs to just most recent 8?
- Remove "Publications" section from programs and maybe add an icon on publications page instead for the program?
- Remove "Resources and links" section from programs or come up with better way to keep them updated?
- Add WLM paper: https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3569092
- Switch TREC 2021 paper to more stable arxiv link: https://arxiv.org/abs/2302.10856
- Add link to mwparserfromhtml blogpost: https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2023/02/24/from-hell-to-html/
- Revert landing page button @wikiresearch
- TREC 2022 publication
- Under Events, change description for Office Hours: "Office hours are opportunities to connect with members of the team to learn more about our team and projects, get feedback or support on research projects or ideas, and ask questions about how to use tools or datasets. "
- Characterizing Reader navigation paper (ACM Transactions on the Web): https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3580318
- Recent update for Foundational Work: Announcing the 2022 Research Fund Grantees https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/11/23/announcing-the-2022-research-fund-grantees/#:~:text=The%20Research%20Fund%20was%20launched,technologies%20for%20the%20Wikimedia%20projects.
- Recent update for Foundational Work: Research Report No. 7 https://research.wikimedia.org/report.html
- 7th Research Report
- Add button for submitting nominations for WMF-RAY. https://firstname.lastname@example.org/thread/PATCEMCZWXAK7YREERJOL22TTJJOXK6E/
- Edit to add 'More information can be found in our white paper and research community vision and strategy.' Link: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Research_Community_Vision_and_Strategy
- Update the knowledge gaps program page. Change "More information can be found in our white paper." to "More information can be found in our roadmap."
- Researcher title updates
- WMF-RAY 2022 details: https://research.wikimedia.org/awards
- Research report: https://research.wikimedia.org/report
- article importance paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2208.08426
- mwsql techblog post to foundational: https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2022/06/13/explore-wiki-project-data-faster-with-mwsql/
- edit types techblog post to foundational: https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2022/06/28/what-is-in-an-edit-automated-detection-of-edit-types-on-wikipedia/
- TREC instructions / data released: https://fair-trec.github.io/docs/Fair_Ranking_2022_Participant_Instructions.pdf
- FAccT paper when arXiv version available: https://arxiv.org/abs/2206.03216
- knowledge gaps white paper revision: https://diff.wikimedia.org/2022/04/21/a-new-research-roadmap-for-addressing-knowledge-gaps/
- Diego's trust template CHI paper: https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/3491102.3517523
- button back to wikiresearch
- button updated to regisiter for wikiworkshop
- wiki-m3l paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.02483
- add TREC 2021 paper: https://trec.nist.gov/pubs/trec30/trec2021.html
- remove the invitation for Wiki Workshop submission. replace with the link to the twitter account.
- rabbit hole paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2203.06932
- Button updated to advertise WikiWorkshop and announcement added to Foundational page
- Add Martin's readership paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2112.11848
- Add blurbs for new papers to knowledge gaps pages
- TREC 2022 announcement
- Wiki-M3L call for papers
- Switch button to Research fund and add announcement to Foundational page
- Research Report 5
- Miriam's Visual Gender Biases and Reader Interaction with Images papers
- Research Report No. 4: https://research.wikimedia.org/report.html
- Update team titles / pictures
- Wikinav techblog post, Disinformation blogpost, Search blogpost
- Fix CI pipeline (T290100)
- Add office hours to events (T283821)
- Image competition blogpost and call-to-action: https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2021/09/09/the-wikipedia-image-caption-matching-challenge-and-a-huge-release-of-image-data-for-research/
- mental health awareness blogpost (content warning: suicide): https://diff.wikimedia.org/2021/09/09/world-suicide-prevention-day-and-the-opportunity-to-increase-access-to-mental-health-information-on-wikimedia-projects/
- Diego's CIKM paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2109.00835
- Update ICWSM 21 publications to 15th instead of 13th annual conference (bug caught by MG)
- search referral blogpost to foundational: https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2021/06/07/searching-for-wikipedia/
- Pablo/Diego's risk observatory workshop paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.15940
- Martin's link recommendation paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/2105.15110
- Add Emily
- Update IRC channel to Libera
- TREC update
- New SIGIR paper/dataset: https://arxiv.org/abs/2105.04117
- Belated add of patrolling report: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Patrolling_on_Wikipedia/Report
- COVID dataset: https://figshare.com/articles/dataset/COVID-19_Pandemic_Wikipedia_Readership/14548032
- Change (most) unmaintained pages into redirects
- Change WikiWorkshop registration link back to follow WikiResearch
- Add Research of the Year award
- Add awards section
- Add Diego's paper on language propagation
- add a line for the publications page and foundational for Miriam's WWW publication.
- Add announcement about TREC track to Foundational
- Add Wikiworkshop announcement to Foundational. Header: Wiki Workshop 2021. Date: March 2021. Text: The 8th annual Wiki Workshop is scheduled for April 14, 2021 and as part of the Web Conference 2021. You are invited to participate. Read more
- populated project-specific publications list
- add an announcement about the knowledge propagation data release for knowledge integrity.
- publications.html -> Isaac Johnson, Florian Lemmerich, Diego Sáez-Trumper, Robert West, Markus Strohmaier, Leila Zia. 2021. Global gender differences in Wikipedia readership. To appear in: Proceedings of the Thirteenth International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM '21).
- Change the "Submit to Wiki Workshop 2021" to "Register for Wiki Workshop 2021" and link it to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeiq7MUp9ln8Z9KijslxRh18eT0bqCpQqAGjunC4n99WMumSw/viewform
- Add Pablo to team page
- Update KG Taxonomy publication for 2nd draft plus in the form of an update in the corresponding page
- Change "We're Hiring" button to "Submit to WikiWorkshop 2021" button
- Update WikiWorkshop banner and Showcase screenshot
- Update team with Fabian
- Add A Taxonomy of Knowledge Gaps for Wikimedia Projects (First Draft) to publications list / knowledge gaps project
- Add Moskalenko, O., Parra, D., & Saez-Trumper, D. (2020). Scalable Recommendation of Wikipedia Articles to Editors Using Representation Learning. ComplexRec 2020, Workshop on Recommendation in Complex Scenarios at the ACM RecSys Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2020)
- Add Liubonko, K., & Sáez-Trumper, D. (2020, April). Matching Ukrainian Wikipedia Red Links with English Wikipedia’s Articles. In Companion Proceedings of the Web Conference 2020 (pp. 819-826).
- Add Saez-Trumper, D. (2019). Online Disinformation and the Role of Wikipedia. arXiv preprint arXiv:1910.12596.
- Add Lorini, V., Rando, J., Saez-Trumper, D., & Castillo, C. (2020). Uneven Coverage of Natural Disasters in Wikipedia: the Case of Flood. ISCRAM 2020 Conference Proceedings -- 17th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management} (pp. 688--703). Blacksburg, VA (USA): Virginia Tech
- Add https://arxiv.org/abs/2011.00997
- Style / grunt updates per T257843
- Update the team page with the following title updates: Diego -> Senior Research Scientist, Miriam -> Senior Research Scientist, Leila -> Director, Head of Research.
- Take down old mirror of landing page at https://wikimedia-research.github.io/landing-page/ (presumably handled via this repo: https://github.com/wikimedia-research/landing-page)
- Add event card for Understanding Engagement with Images in Wikipedia under Knowledge Gaps page
- Update git repo URL in package.json
- Add event card for Thanks blog post under Foundational page
- Add event card for Global gender differences in Wikipedia readership under Knowledge Gaps page
- A number of updates for WikiWorkshop (handled by bmansurov)
- Add Djellel's photo
- Re-organized the feature projects on the first page around knowledge gaps / integrity / foundational work
- Changed from "Project" language to "Program" language
- Update WikiWorkshop banner on Events page
- Research report (this included mentions of the Outreachy internships and Wikimania sessions, which had been missing from the site)
- Added Martin's photo
- Remove WikiCite from Events
- Add a Research Fellow section (under team.html) and have Bob West there.
- Remove External team members section.
- Suppress Former members. We may bring this back later under a different format.
- Eliciting new editors' interests blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/10/21/welcome-to-wikipedia-heres-what-were-doing-to-help-you-stick-around/
- Add Djellel
- Change collaborators page to indicate that the examples listed are not necessarily current but are (potentially) past collaborations. This reduces the need to update this section as our collaborations change.
- Add Martin
- Ethical AI blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/news/2019/07/18/designing-ethically-with-ai-how-wikimedia-can-harness-machine-learning-in-a-responsible-and-human-centered-way/
- Add news card re: ICWSM paper being the recipient of the Outstanding Problem-Solution paper award
- Update publications section for Why We Read Wikipedia project page
- Team updates
- Remove job posting links from main page when position closes
- Remove job posting links from header (replace w/ WikiResearch)
- Add VentureBeat article to News section
- Add ICWSM paper: Ramtin Yazdanian, Leila Zia, Jonathan Morgan, Bahodir Mansurov, Robert West. 2019. Eliciting New Wikipedia Users’ Interests via Automatically Mined Questionnaires: For a Warm Welcome, Not a Cold Start. In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM '19).
- Standardize date for Who Did What: Editor Role Identification in Wikipedia in Publications page.
- Link to Citation Needed blogpost: https://wikimediafoundation.org/2019/04/03/can-machine-learning-uncover-wikipedias-missing-citation-needed-tags/
- Add VentureBeat article: https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/11/how-wikimedia-is-using-machine-learning-to-spot-missing-citations/
- Fix typos (T220454) and make dates consistent across pages (in shortened format -- i.e. "Oct" instead of "October")
- Ethical AI White Paper: Figshare and Commons
- Links to job posting and FAQs
- EMNLP paper added
- Updated Leila's title and moved Dario to former member
- Added Miriam's Citation Needed WebConf 2019 paper
- Added Leila's Thanks WikiWorkshop 2019 paper
- Added Isaac's Page Views WikiWorkshop 2019 paper
- Refactor design to source headers/footers from a single source (see: T181588)