- Show preview on first edit
It's not clear what's "first edit" here.
To see its usage, access Preferences special page while logged in on English Wikipedia, under "Editing" section, last segment titled "Preview" Direct url: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing.
Three options are given:
- Show preview on first edit -Unclear wording. If selected, preview is shown AFTER the edit box
- Show preview before edit box -It does what it says; if selected, preview is shown BEFORE the edit box
- Show previews without reloading the page -It does exactly what it says (apart from the minor issue of using plural 'previews')
So the message should be reworded to say exactly what it does:
- Show preview after edit box
Or maybe I am missing something, (the message has been there for a long time). If someone could explain why the current wording was chosen, that should be added to the message's documentation