Currently, the new translation dashboard for Section Translation does not include the "For later" list (unlike the old Content Translation dashboard). The "For later" list allows users to keep at hand articles they are interested in translating but may not have availability to translate them immediately. For example, this can be helpful when the user finds more than one interesting article in the suggestions list.
Supporting the "For later" list requires to support both the display of the list and the action to bookmark translations to be added to the list. Considerations for both of those aspects are listed below.
- The list is placed at the suggestions view of the dashboard, above the suggestions list.
- The list is only displayed if it contains one or more items in it. That is, the "For later" list will be only visible once the user adds an article to it, and will disappear if all items are removed.
- Each item in the list is an article for a specific language pair. Notice that this list includes no language filter options. Thus, it lists all articles added by the user regardless of their languages (there is a bug in Content Translation where the language pair filter for suggestions affects also the "For later" list, let's not replicate that here).
- For articles that already exist in the target language, an indicator of the missing sections is shown (see 2nd item in the example below):
Actions to bookmark an article:
- Suggestions include a bookmark icon that would add them to the "for Later list". Once a suggestion is added, it will disappear from the list of suggestions and a new suggestion will be added to the bottom of the suggestions list to keep the number of suggestions constant.
- The confirmation step (T241587) includes a bookmark icon.
- In both cases, taping the bookmark icon will switch between the empty ("bookmarkOutline") and filled ("bookmark") version of the icon. The filled version will be rendered in blue (Accent50: #36c).
The parent ticket (T253253) includes more details about the general layout and structure of the lists on the dashboard: