As an experienced user of Commons who prefers the Special:Search interface, I want a preference to keep that interface as the default target for the skin search input widget so that I can use my preferred interface when searching from the main search bar.
In T273879, we will be changing the skin search input widget to point to Special:MediaSearch. We want users to be able to revert the widget to point to Special:Search.
- A preference exists for users to keep the Special:Search interface as the default for the skin search input widget
- The preference appears under preferences in the Search tab after the "Redirect to existing matches when searching" preference
- The preference reads "[x] Show search results in the Special:Search interface", and should not be selected by default
- Help text underneath the preference reads "Select to show search results from the main search bar in the older Special:Search interface instead of Special:MediaSearch"
- This preference should apply both to the vector and default skins added comment: except for MinervaNeue
- Also change the text for the "Don't show the Advanced Search interface" preference to say "Don't show the Advanced Search interface when using Special:Search"
- A heading is added to the section of preferences that says "General" (see screenshot)