Special:EditGrowthConfig has been tested on our pilot wikis, and we are now good to go.
Here is the plan:
- @Trizek-WMF checks the doc about this feature https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Growth/Community_configuration
- @Urbanecm_WMF deploys it by default on all wikis where the Growth features are available.
- @Trizek-WMF announces it
- in Tech News
- message mentor signup pages
- @MMiller_WMF notifies English Wikipedia
- @Urbanecm_WMF monitors usage with weekly post to this Phab task until we stop.
Make sure we include these points in the announcement (if applicable) and in the doc:
- Be careful: When changes are made via the form, it will immediately affect all users with the Growth features, which is thousands of users. Therefore, it's important to be careful and deliberate when making changes.
- Process: Communities need to develop their own processes for debating and forming consensus on changes to make. It's similar to deletion discussions: though one admin can delete an article, wikis still have processes to decide whether an admin should do it.
- Feedback: We want to hear back from communities on their thoughts as they use this, because we're trying to learn from our pilots before rolling it out to more wikis.