In usability testing it was found that some templates have a large number of parameters but few in use, which can make it hard to navigate and get an overview. This effect is multiplied significantly when dealing with multi-part template content. This ticket will help for both single and multi- situations, but a follow up ticket will expand on the multi-part situation.
- Add OOUI quiet progressive button without icon below the search bar. The text of the button changes based on the state and switches when clicked.
- When unused parameters are shown, the label should be Hide unused fields. When clicked, all unused parameters are hidden and the button switches states.
- When unused parameters are hidden, the label should be Show all fields. When the clicked, all unused parameters are shown and the button switches states.
- When a user types into the parameter search bar, then the hide/show filtering is temporarily disabled and the button is hidden. Search results then show both checked and unchecked results. When the search term is cleared, the filter is re-enabled and is sticky to whatever it was set to before the user starting using the search.
Nice to have
- When single templates are opened or inserted, the default state is unused parameters are shown
- When multi-part templates are opened, the default state is unused parameters are hidden Note: In story time it was discussed this might give an opportunity to help improve performance. This was not explicitly made part of this ticket but could be a follow-up ticket. If there is relevant information learned in the course of this work, then it should be noted here.
|Desktop - Hide unused||Desktop - Show all||Mobile - Hide unused||Mobile - Show all|