Allow contributors and readers to share a Wiki story.
Reader- are able to share with others across other platforms.
Contributor- are able to share the stories they create across other platforms
As a Creator,
I want to share a wiki story that I created
So that readers can discover interesting content/ facts on Wikipedia.
As a Reader,
I want to share a wiki story that I read
So that other readers can discover interesting content/ facts on Wikipedia.
As a Reader,
I want to click back to the original article
So that I can see more information about the wiki story
- There should be a CTA to share the link. This should invoke the mobile device's share function.
- There should be a CTA to copy the link to the story
- There should be a link in the shared story leading back to wikipedia article
- After publishing a story, there should be a section that intuitively shows the Wikistory link, with some text to explain this easily.
- The user should see an indication to copy the link.
- The user should see an indication to share the link using a mobile's Share function.
- If a user is on the desktop view, clicking on the link as a reader should open the Wikipage in mobile browser view.
Sharing functionality works well when out of Beta; conversations ongoing with Indonesia community.
Other considerations to factor as we think about sharing:
a) Legal, Branding and Communications
b) Community feedback: curation and editing burden [office hours topic]
To share some text, or a file, or a URL on mobile, we can use the browser's share api. It opens up the native share dialog. It does nothing on desktop.
- Journey of the person sharing
Creator: share option after publishing; while you are viewing(reader) the output of your story
Reader: share option after reading.
- Journey of the person receiving
Currently: shows entire article then the user has to click show the story viewer
Option 1: story viewer (loads the article then loads the viewer- slow)
Option 2: story page
Option 3: new page that shows the story preview, then loads the story viewer. At the end of the story,
- add a link back to the article/ redirect to the article [if there are no other stories to display for this article]
- options to see other stories in the article.
- OR special web page for other stories
- OR create a wiki story
- visual brand identity showing the origin (wikipedia), link to the article
stories wouldn't be seen (social media preview is influenced by the independent platforms)