As a Campaigns team member, I want to know how we can implement support to allow the restoration of deleted event pages, so that we can begin the implementation in the future.
Background: As part of V0, we created the ability for organizers to delete registration that had been enabled on an event page. However, with the current implementation, once registration is deleted, it cannot be restored or re-enabled. This needs to change in the future, since there may certainly be times when the organizer does want to restore registration. Note that, right now, the users who have rights to delete registration are the organizer for an event and other users on the wiki who have the rights to delete pages (which typically means admins).
- Deleting & restoring registration scenarios
- Early prototype: Restore dialog on enable registration form
- Early prototype: Restore button on event page
- Investigate how we can do the following and outline if there are any risks, dependencies, or blockers:
- If registration has been deleted by organizer, organizers of the event or admins should be able to restore it
- If an admin deletes registration, only other admins should be able to restore it
- If registration is deleted and then restored, we should first focus on implementing for the most common use case: the user wants the registration data to be restored (rather than deleted). We can just focus on this use case for the scope of this investigation, and if we want to allow organizers the option of deleting all registration data in V2 that can be investigating in the future.
- How can we do this? Any risks, concerns, or blockers?
- Is there a way to indicate that the registration has been deleted to non-organizers in the UI?
- Maybe: when deleting a registration, add a checkbox only for admins that says like "hard-delete the event", meaning only admins could restore it
- Is there some way to display record of disabled registrations to admins?
- For example: would we need to create a log? how would this be done? how much effort/complexity would be involved in this?
Note that we have not determined the UI, but some options include the following:
- 'Enable registration' button is changed to 'Restore registration' for the organizer view (if they are allowed to restore registration)
- "Restore registration" choice in the dropdown (if the user selected "Delete registration" --> but this would mean that we would need to start displaying deleted event registrations in MyEvents