We need to add support for private registration to the database schema. I believe it should be implemented as a simple boolean field in ce_participants, e.g., cep_private.
- Add the field to the schema
- Adjust the code so that it accounts for the new field being present. For now there should be no change in behaviour, and the value should always be false.
- Write the patch that changes the schema in the code. Review it, but DO NOT MERGE IT. Only give it a +1, explicitly writing in a comment that the +1 means you are approving the change (and not that you have a working mouse).
- Create the new column on beta with a default value (see below)
- Merge the patch and wait for it to reach beta
- Remove default value on beta
ALTERs to run on beta
Before merging the patch:
ALTER TABLE ce_participants ADD COLUMN cep_private TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 AFTER cep_user_id
After merging the patch:
ALTER TABLE ce_participants ALTER cep_private DROP DEFAULT;