Page MenuHomePhabricator

Allow gender distinction also for user groups
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The List of "Member of groups" in Preferences and the user group in the right log should also make gender distinction.

You can give the username to the group-* messages and add to each message the GENDER parser function, when the message is used in the context of a user, if not in user context (like the drop down on Special:ListUsers), than give no username and the default is used.

Another fix is to check for group-*-female message and use that message, when the message is used in user context.

Thanks.


Version: 1.18.x
Severity: enhancement

Details

Reference
bz31503

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Normal.Nov 21 2014, 11:56 PM
bzimport set Reference to bz31503.

danny.leinad wrote:

Also users on lists generated by [[Special:ListUser]] and [[Specjalna:ActiveUsers]] need genderized user groups.

For example:

  • XXX (female_sysop)
  • YYY (male_sysop)

Changed it everywhere except logs in r99312. Also, it only applies to group-*-member messages, not group-* messages.

danny.leinad wrote:

(In reply to comment #2)

Changed it everywhere except logs in r99312. Also, it only applies to
group-*-member messages, not group-* messages.

Thank you. Please also add gender support for group-*-member messages from http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/WikimediaMessages/WikimediaMessages.i18n.php

(In reply to comment #3)

Thank you. Please also add gender support for group-*-member messages from
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/WikimediaMessages/WikimediaMessages.i18n.php

Please also to other extension supported by translatewiki.net. I have found 46 messages in extensions and 2 messages in Wikia extensions.

Thanks.

To not make this a "whale" issue, and to be able to track this properly and work on it in smaller pieces, we should create a tracker bug and issues per extension. I.e comment 4 should not be
Made part of this issue.

The user rights log is done as part of the log formatter rewrite?

(In reply to comment #5)

To not make this a "whale" issue, and to be able to track this properly and
work on it in smaller pieces, we should create a tracker bug and issues per
extension. I.e comment 4 should not be
Made part of this issue.

I have found the following extensions with group-*-member messages (49):

  • CheckUser
  • CodeReview
  • FlaggedRevs (3)
  • LinkFilter
  • LiveTranslate
  • MirrorTools
  • Push (3)
  • SemanticWatchlist
  • UploadWizard
  • WhiteListEdit (2)
  • Widgets
  • WikiForum
  • WikimediaIncubator
  • WikimediaMessages (31)

You can use this bug as tracking bug, because all the other bugs depends on this bug.

Branched to bug 31581. Please do this yourself in the future - it's easier that way.

Rights log looks already fixed.

If things are open, please open a new bug to get smaller pieces (per comment 5). Thanks.