As part of improving the release rights step of Upload Wizard on Commons T347298, we will make UX improvements to the upload step of choosing own vs not own work.
Design research indicated that uploaders often select the own work option when uploading a file even if is it not their own work given the easiness of that choice. This introduces more moderation work later on. We will make changes so that uploaders are more intentional when choosing own vs not own option for their file.
Check latest prototype for estimation only (check the UI link provided below for implementation)
- None of the option should be selected by default
- Change the copy for both options as indicated in the UI
- Add subscript for both options as indicated in the UI
- The third option that shows up during multiple uploads remains the same for now.
- When the option is selected instead of showing its content in an accordian show it below both options separated by a line as shown in the figma
- User preference for default selection will be maintained
- The next button should remain invisible until the user makes a selection (current behaviour)