Page MenuHomePhabricator

Archive the MagicNumberedHeadings extension
Open, Needs TriagePublicRequest

Description

Reason
Flagged as incompatible with 1.38 or later. The listed maintainer has disclaimed interest in continued maintenance on the talk page.

To-do list

  • This task
    • Add maintainers of that extension/skin as subscribers to this task (if they have no apparent Phabricator account, notify them on-wiki or via email if possible and note it here).
    • Add Phabricator project <#ProjectX> as a tag for this task, and remove MediaWiki-extensions-Other/Other-skins as appropriate.
  • On-wiki documentation
    • Archive documentation on mediawiki.org (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MagicNumberedHeadings): replace page contents with {{Archived extension|last revision id before archiving|task=T353966}} (for extensions)
    • If documentation page was translatable, remove <translate>, visit Special:PageTranslation, and click "remove from translation" (if you don't have the translation administrator right, ask a user who does).
    • Update Wikidata item (https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q21677505) associated with documentation page
      • add statement Abandonware (Q281039) to instance of (P31) together with qualifier start time (P580) = the YYYY-MM-DD date that you decided to archive extension/skin (generally per edit history)
      • add qualifier end time (P582) = the YYYY-MM-DD (same date as above) to instance of (P31) = MediaWiki extension (Q6805426)
  • Phabricator
    • Mark all Phabricator tasks for the extension either Declined or Invalid. Add a comment pointing to this task when doing so for reference.
    • Archive Phabricator project <#ProjectX> for the extension.
    • Edit Phabricator project <#ProjectX> description for the extensionwith a link to this ticket.
  • Translatewiki.net/translations
  • Configuration/tests/integrations/etc.
  • Repositories

Event Timeline

Kizule changed the task status from Open to Stalled.Jan 25 2024, 2:53 AM
Kizule claimed this task.
Kizule subscribed.

I completely forgot about this extension. I even have a fork on my own GitHub (https://github.com/kizule/mediawiki-numberedheadings).

Before 3 years when I made commits, I made it working.
Please give me a day or two to take another look, as well as to try to merge changes + make it work with MediaWiki 1.39.

I would be interested in getting +2 right (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/groups/9b11f95cdb0ba16068e6f85249b7bf26be8fea45,members) as well, but when I'm done, not before.

Kizule changed the task status from Stalled to Open.Jan 25 2024, 7:46 AM
Kizule moved this task from Working on to Watching on the User-Kizule board.

Nope, I actually had different thing.

Change 1007016 had a related patch set uploaded (by Dzahn; author: Dzahn):

[integration/config@master] archive MagicNumberedHeadings extension

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/1007016

Change 1007016 merged by jenkins-bot:

[integration/config@master] Zuul: [mediawiki/extensions/MagicNumberedHeadings] Mark as archived

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/1007016

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-releng) [2024-02-28T14:10:20Z] <James_F> Zuul: [mediawiki/extensions/MagicNumberedHeadings] Mark as archived for T353966

Just to connect: was previously archived at T248758 and then unarchived at T261923