Some articles like https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justine_Henin?veaction=edit and other articles about tennis players have advanced tables like https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justine_Henin#Prestatietabel_enkelspel. Those tables use a table cell template heavily https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sjabloon:Tabelcel_tennis.
In VE edit mode the cells of the table with that table cell template show raw format code like "align="center" style="background:#F9F9F9;"|". Users expect VE edit mode to look almost exactly as in read mode. Now, it doesn't.
Bug 44498 is fixed, which was for a related template table cell problem on en.wp. Somehow that didn't fix the template table cell issue on nl.wp.
- Rewriting the articles without using the template (editors on nl.wp don't like that and prefer to use the template);
- Slight adaptation of the template (and subsequent rewriting of the articles) so it becomes parsable; (requires a lot of consultation with editors on nl.wp)
- Have a tag in the template notifying Parsoid the template contains partial table cell data starting with formatting code to receive a hint what to do with the template;
- Apply solutions method of bug 44498 for this context;
- Your creative inspiration.
(This is one of a few major stumble blocks in turning VE on at nl.wp. The other one is hidden templates and extra carriage returns which might lead to accidental deletion of templates/images when someone removes a blank line.)