Following on from T65539 ..
The following packages are optional dependencies of pywikibot ( http://git.wikimedia.org/blob/pywikibot%2Fcore.git/HEAD/requirements.txt ), but needed for some scripts and library components to function, and appear missing from modules/toollabs/manifests/*.pp , and should be installed for both python 2 and python 3 unless marked otherwise, roughly in order of importance:
- unicodecsv (Debian package python-unicodecsv - py2 only ; this will likely soon become a mandatory dependency)
- unittest2 (Debian package python-unittest2 - py2 only ; mandatory for the test suite on py2.6, but we may soon need to adopt it for py2.7 and py3.3 testing also, as unittest2 is the same as py3.4 unittest, and is .. 'the future')
- ipaddr (Debian package python-ipaddr/ python3-ipaddr )
- tkinter (Debian package python-tk / python3-tk )
- stdnum (Debian package python-stdnum / python3-stdnum)
- pycountry (Debian package python-pycountry - no py3 package)
- pydot (Debian package python-pydot is unsuitable)
pYsearch (py2 only iirc)
- Pillow, GUI interface, used for flickrripper
- lunatic-python is an unsolved problem; there are many forks of this module and the pywiki core team hasnt done any testing on which one is best. @DrTrigon is the main user of this as far as we know.
- google is a click-through license nightmare, and probably not appropriate for installation on Wikimedia servers.
If there are any which cant be installed for whatever reason, the pywikibot team may be able to update the code to use an alternative library of approach.