Confirming @Jdrewniak we should be done with all surveys by December 15th. Thank you for letting us know about this!
Fri, Dec 1
Weekly updates: no major updates this week
Weekly update: no major updates, making substantial progress on cleaning out data (finished with core sentiment variables, now moving to demographics and constructs). Provided 2022 analysis on knowing where to find help for major wikis to product analytics/T&SP to inform their research on incident reporting. Next goals are: finish cleaning and renaming, ensure we have everything we need from SPSS before end-of-month subscription cancelation, output a codebook documenting each wave of the survey and questions/variables, and then move to survey structure on Qualtrics.
Fri, Nov 17
Weekly updates: no major updates on Q2 goal; provided feedback to WM Chile for their community survey via CentralNotice
Weekly updates: no major updates, but returned to making progress on cleaning data now that Readers survey is largely ready
Tue, Nov 14
I can't quite figure out what the issue is here, as https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Reader-demographics-2-survey-description and https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Reader-demographics-2-survey-question both exist and are correct, and look correct on the commit. Will continue to look further.
I don't know what is wrong. I'm able to load another survey on the wiki. The survey doesn't show on the extension data which indicates a configuration issue but configuration looks good. Maybe something went wrong during deployment.
Mon, Nov 13
Thank you so much @DDeSouza !
Sun, Nov 12
Weekly updates: no major updates, focus on Readers survey this past week
Weekly update: no major updates on Q2 goal as we focus on deploying Readers survey; provided feedback to WMDE for their community survey
@YLiou_WMF and I provided feedback on the survey script and talked through decisions with Martin; we suggested deploying separate links to different edit bins of users in order to be able to weight the data to edit bins, but ultimately it is up to their team how their want to run the survey. Once a page is made on wiki describing their privacy practices and the survey tool they're using, we can approve this survey to deploy on CentralNotice. They may come back to us with finalizations, but we can consider this task closed :)
Wed, Nov 8
Hi @DDeSouza, I think I have all the links set up for the 23 language QuickSurveys! Would it be possible to deploy at 0 coverage this week so we can make sure everything looks right? I believe our hopeful target date for data collection next Monday, the 13th.
Oct 26 2023
Hi @leila, thanks for this -- for now I think the best way would be to route them to email surveys@ and ask them to share as much context as they can:
- their survey project goal
- their project meta/wiki page
- the survey draft ideally in a google document where we can comment
- how they plan to collect responses
- whether they've made a privacy statement
Oct 20 2023
Weekly update: No updates on Q2 goal this week, onboarded Wikimania '24 organizers to LimeSurvey
Weekly update: No major updates, making substantial progress in cleaning out redundant variables from the year-over-year CI dataset
Oct 17 2023
Updated with all existing translations, see doc for comments; awaiting HU translation, as well as FA, ZH-S, NL from Qualtrics.
Oct 10 2023
- Do we have a confirmation for which languages are done with translation? Eg. Czech and Ukrainian seem to be incomplete in the links above
Edit: here are the languages I found to be incomplete (new translations not added in original doc; may be in a separate file?)
Oct 6 2023
Weekly update: No updates this week
Weekly update: No major goal updates this week
Broader project updates:
- Presented 2022 overview data to senior leadership to help inform on "who are active editors"
- Ran breakout data for 2022 LAC region
Sep 28 2023
Sep 22 2023
- No new updates (continued work on dataset transition and documenting recoding processes for the 2024 survey)
- Restarted work on office.wiki Surveys draft page (focusing in on this year's priority to document processes and ensure users have clear points of access to tools and assistance)
Sep 20 2023
@DDeSouza thank you so much for your help in figuring out the token linking from QuickSurvey!
Sep 19 2023
Hi all, in case you're working on this early today please hold off for a few hours, I have a configuration to add and test but I need to consult first -- should be back to you shortly.
Sep 15 2023
Conducted the first Central Notice survey check at the request of CN admins since the formation of the Community of Practice. Overall not too much work (~1 hr), but I believe we can streamline this by providing documentation to help admins or consulting staff to make decisions and only need consultation when a survey goes outside of certain boundaries.
- No major updates this week :)
- Continued deep dive on transitioning Community Insights datasets to R (or software-neutral data)
- consulted with survey researchers (CM, YL, JA) for how to best structure the dataset; we will keep harmonized data as text and write code to convert to numeric with labels for those who prefer to work that way; we will keep future data appending fixed to the 2022 dataset conventions and write documentation for how to import depreciated questions if future research calls for it.
Sep 12 2023
@DDeSouza Thank you!
@DDeSouza can we ask for these changes? (buttons and audience coverage)
Hi all, a couple questions:
Sep 8 2023
- Finished documenting survey schedules, wording changes, and removed/added questions from 2019 through 2022
- Finished week 2 R course
Next up: consult with data users on how to best harmonize variables, responses, and document changes to make the dataset useable across stats packages
- Upgrading LimeSurvey approved by team, will do this after the Readers survey pilot is complete
- Survey support to other teams tasks now to be tracked as subtasks of T345923, high-level will be here
Aug 30 2023
No new updates this week (focusing on Readers survey :))
Met on Monday with Community of Practice to define roles and responsibilities; Research planned to be a point of contact for survey requests - we will need to clearly define what we can and cannot do. Notes here (private link).
- Continued support for Wikimania survey
- Met with CentralNotice Community of Practice (T341836)
Aug 29 2023
In case it's helpful, T318156 (and related surveys) can tell you a bit about the impressions by edit bucket on a single-question survey on EN, FR, and ES. 1000+ editors tend to be more responsive, at least to a single-question QS survey.
Aug 28 2023
Here is a list of where the "Visit Survey" and "No thanks" buttons are and are not translated on translatewiki. We're missing:
Agreed on Thai and Swedish @YLiou_WMF.
Aug 24 2023
Thanks @DDeSouza -- we'll spare you the monotony and update the links/translations ourselves, I've requested permissions :) We'll keep you updated as we progress towards our configurations.
No new updates this week.
- Coordinating with LimeSurvey for increasing our response limit in anticipation of the 2023 Readers survey (in progress)
- Provided feedback to grants team on presentation of their survey analyses
Aug 22 2023
Thank you @DDeSouza and all! We'll work on setting up the task through the doc -- a couple questions (for anyone who may know):
- Do I need to set up the MediaWiki system messages or is this done on the developer end? From what I can tell, whoever does it needs the editinterface permission (I'm happy to do it, I will just need to go request the permission)
- With that, is there a way to pause translations from being updated on translatewiki? We will be providing the translations and don't want them to change through the process of data collection
Aug 18 2023
Next meeting (defining roles and responsibilities) now scheduled for 28 August. No new updates.
Began working on harmonization codebook across years of the survey (2022, 2020, 2019) which documents variable names, changes in wording of questions and response categories while retaining removed questions, settles on a "final" variable name, and standardizes codes for response categories.
Continued week 2 coursework in R (most focus this week - this one is for data management and wrangling, so especially important!).
No major updates this week, continued support for Wikimania survey
Aug 11 2023
Assessment of feedback to the survey complete (user survey experience). Tracking all potential work to implement here (private link).
Continued week 2 coursework in R.
Finalized Wikimania survey with Movement Comms and assisted with translation guidance for translators -- will be on standby on last Sunday of Wikimania in case any hiccups arise during data collection.
Aug 4 2023
No new updates this week, work this week was a continuation of last week's.
Attended the first meeting of the community of practice group this Monday; we will meet once a month in the short term, with the next meeting dedicated to defining roles and responsibilities. Meeting notes available here (private link)
- T341836 : CentralNotice: attended the first meeting of the community of practice group
- It was a busy week for survey support for @YLiou_WMF and @TAndic !
- Discussed LimeSurvey management and permissions, we need to do a dive into permissions to understand how to manage accounts and onboard people as we gain more users (currently we keep permissions low, but are seeing barriers for more collaborative or technical work)
- Assisted with feedback on Wikimania surveys for Research and Movement Comms, implementation in LimeSurvey, & methodological questions
Aug 2 2023
Jul 28 2023
- Diff blog posted, closing this task as any other announcement work will be minor
- No new updates this week :) Next Monday we will meet about T341836
Began outlining to-dos in preparation for next distribution and categorizing feedback to the 2022 Insights survey; work thus far falls into three umbrella categories 1) User survey experience, 2) Distribution, 3) Data harmonization/standardization for future waves of the survey
Jul 21 2023
- No new updates for this week :)
- Diff draft completed, awaiting review early next week
- @YLiou_WMF and I have drafted the potential scope(s) of the Survey Support Desk here: [internal doc] Survey Support Desk scoping
- Met with @Miriam to discuss scope priorities; this year we will be prioritizing creating processes to ensure project is not dependent on one or two people's knowledge and users have clear points of access to tools and assistance
Analyses reported as baselines for future, closing this task.