We try to make this bug more clear and easer to understand from a technical perspective too, currently it is mostly from user perspective. Please support us making this more clear.
When adding references there are several likely problems for users:
- After the click on "add reference" the interface changes – a blue bar, two remove links, one input field and one add are added. Problem is, that is it hard to understand what they are for.
- The blue bar below the toggler: I assume this is some sort of headline, signifying that all below is part of one reference. However, this is vague and may be interpreted differently.
- There is no cancel button at the reference inputs. This may cause confusion if a user wants to discard changes that he/she did on the references. The save/cancel buttons of the statement work for everything in that statement, but this may not be clear for the user.
- The first property's remove action in the list of references seems always to be inactive. This may be because the "remove" of the statement in general would have the same results, but this is something the user may not know (given that I guess right what is means)
- Add: To add a property to a reference, there is only add, but not "add property" (see also: T137774)