Due to a bug in eventlogging (see T175918), we were not able to obtain correct session data for the previous hovercards a/b test on English and German wikipedias
- Ensure data is removed from MySQL
- See T174815#3650853 onwards.
- The fix for T175918 is deployed to the group2 wikis.
- See T175918#3645697.
- Analytics Engineering confirms that the backend for Popups events has been switched to Hadoop from MySQL.
- See T176469#3688309
- Launch a/b test on en- and dewiki.
- Create a task for pausing A/B test exactly two weeks after launch date.
- See T178500: Stop sending data for Page Previews enwiki and dewiki A/B test (again)
- Record event on the release timeline
- See https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Reading%2FWeb%2FRelease_timeline&type=revision&diff=2587276&oldid=2585953
- As for the previous experiments, record the sampling/bucketing rates at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema_talk:Popups
- See https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Schema_talk%3APopups&type=revision&diff=17340592&oldid=17214687
- What are the bucket sizes for each group per project?
The bucket sizes that we used in T172291: Launch page previews A/B test on enwiki and dewiki resulted in an average overall rate of roughly 200 events/second, but 100 events/second were deemed sufficient earlier (cf. T176469#3688649 ). Thus we should cut the bucket sizes in half for the new experiment: