|Resolved||Johan||T176862 Support CE insights in getting translations|
|Resolved||Trizek-WMF||T189523 Make a retrospective concerning getting translations for CE insights|
Translations are due March 16.
- Ask for volunteer translations on March 5
- Edward requests quote for professional translations for all languages on Monday March 5
- Check for translations on Monday 12 and validate/decline professional translations requests if they are needed or not.
Current plan until the next check-in:
Invitation sent to translators.
- Links are on https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Engagement_Insights/Translation.
- Translators are invited to sign-up if they can help
- Priority languages are ar, de, es, fr, it, ja, pl, pt-br, ru, uk, zh
- Due date is March 18th.
Translations from the 2017 survey have been kept. Translation effort is only for new questions or updated ones.
Any translations in another language is welcome but will require to translate all elements, both 2017 kept ones and 2018 ones.
That's based on the evolution of translated messages. Like I've said to Edward, that's not a surprise, while they are hundred of elements to translate.
Due date is soon, so, after reviewing the different options (ping people elsewhere, involve staff, etc.), Edward has decided to go for professional translations.
Updates and translations are needed for:
A message will be sent to translators for updates when Legal says yes.