Page MenuHomePhabricator

Technical Collaboration quarterly check in for January - March 2018
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

<<< October - December 2017January - March 2018April - June 2018 >>>

Ongoing team goals

Community Collaboration in Product Development

T176462: Goal: Best practices of collaboration between product development teams and communities agreed and ready for adoption

T170002: Goal: Community Liaisons support scales better across Wikimedia Foundation’s Product and Technology departments

T175678: Support Structured discussions features developments for FY 2017-2018

Onboarding New Developers

T176481: Goal: Understand how and why new developers start contributing and stay or leave

T176490: Goal: A learning environment and growth paths for new volunteer developers

T176487: Goal: Increase onboarding and retention of new volunteer developers

Ongoing individual goals

OwnerGoals
@KeeganT183128: Facilitate community discussions about the general (high-level) ontology for information to be stored within Wikibase on Wikimedia Commons, on Wikimedia Commons proper, and on Wikidata
@QgilT1035: Consolidate the many tech events calendars in Phabricator's calendar, T170516: Review CE Insights results and future questions for Technical Collaboration, {T172495}
@QuiddityT176677: Promote Toolforge Tools and their maintainers within Wikimedia communities
@RfarrandT175635: Work with WMF Finance to create an invoicing and payment process for Wikimedia Hackathon 2018, T170227: Logistics plan for the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2018, T176853: Participation in Mozilla Open Leaders Program , T176854: Timeline & Plan for Barcelona Hackathon
@srishakatuxT184225: Coordinate Wikimedia's participation in Google Summer of Code 2018 and Outreachy Round 16, T176488: Creation of a short term plan to improve outreach and increase retention, T176484: Provide an analysis of metrics and survey results informing a short term plan to improve outreach and increase retention, T176483: Conduct a first survey targeting volunteers who left after a few contributions
@SandraF_WMFT174565: Gather first community input and create focus groups for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons
@Trizek-WMFT175678: Support Structured discussions features developments for FY 2017-2018, T178390: Support Structured discussion storage format change, T176862: Support CE insights in getting translations, T175325: Community liaison support for New Editor Experiences concept development
@Whatamidoing-WMFT134580: CLs to communicate the Save/Publish change
@AklapperT169599: Sort out concept for overview/entrance pages targeting our developer audience, T176219: Organize and coordinate Wikimedia's participation in Google Code-In 2017, T653: Refresh the mediawiki.org homepage
@CKoerner_WMFT158830: Communicate enabling Extension:3d on Commons
@ElitreT176462: Goal: Best practices of collaboration between product development teams and communities agreed and ready for adoption, T170002: Goal: Community Liaisons support scales better across Wikimedia Foundation’s Product and Technology departments
@JohanT176932: Coverage of technical translators for the top 25 Wikimedia projects,

Calendar

  • 2018-04-04: updated team goals due by this date.
  • 2018-04-04: updated Individual goals agreed.
  • 2018-04-30: quarterly check in materials must be completed.
  • 2018-04-??: quarterly check in dry run.
  • 2018-05-10: Community Engagement quarterly check in.

Related Objects

Mentioned Here
T184225: Coordinate Wikimedia's participation in Google Summer of Code 2018 and Outreachy Round 16
T653: Refresh the mediawiki.org homepage
T176862: Support CE insights in getting translations
T178390: Support Structured discussion storage format change
T183128: Facilitate community discussions about the general (high-level) ontology for information to be stored within Wikibase on Wikimedia Commons, on Wikimedia Commons proper, and on Wikidata
T1035: Consolidate the many tech events calendars in Phabricator's calendar
T134580: CLs to communicate the Save/Publish change
T144625: First review of the Technical Collaboration Guidance by Foundation Product teams and most active technical volunteers
T158830: Communicate enabling Extension:3d on Commons
T169599: Sort out concept for overview/entrance pages targeting our developer audience
T170002: Goal: Community Liaisons support scales better across Wikimedia Foundation’s Product and Technology departments
T170227: Logistics plan for the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2018
T170516: Review CE Insights results and future questions for Technical Collaboration
T173780: Coordinate Wikimedia's participation in Outreachy Round 15
T174565: Gather first community input and create focus groups for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons
T175325: Community liaison support for New Editor Experiences concept development
T175635: Work with WMF Finance to create an invoicing and payment process for Wikimedia Hackathon 2018
T175678: Support Structured discussions features developments for FY 2017-2018
T176219: Organize and coordinate Wikimedia's participation in Google Code-In 2017
T176274: Improve and finalize TCG based on P&T and community feedback
T176462: Goal: Best practices of collaboration between product development teams and communities agreed and ready for adoption
T176481: Goal: Understand how and why new developers start contributing and stay or leave
T176483: Conduct a first survey targeting volunteers who left after a few contributions
T176484: Provide an analysis of metrics and survey results informing a short term plan to improve outreach and increase retention
T176487: Goal: Increase onboarding and retention of new volunteer developers
T176488: Creation of a short term plan to improve outreach and increase retention
T176490: Goal: A learning environment and growth paths for new volunteer developers
T176677: Promote Toolforge Tools and their maintainers within Wikimedia communities
T176853: Participation in Mozilla Open Leaders Program
T176854: Timeline & Plan for Barcelona Hackathon
T176932: Coverage of technical translators for the top 25 Wikimedia projects
T183278: Set up a Phabricator workboard/project for #techambassadors and experiment with it

Event Timeline

Qgil created this task.Jan 3 2018, 4:49 PM
Qgil triaged this task as Normal priority.
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)
Keegan updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 3 2018, 6:30 PM
Trizek-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 8 2018, 10:47 AM
Trizek-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)
Aklapper updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 9 2018, 11:41 AM
srishakatux updated the task description. (Show Details)Jan 10 2018, 5:18 AM
Trizek-WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)Feb 2 2018, 5:21 PM
Elitre updated the task description. (Show Details)Feb 7 2018, 11:30 AM
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)Feb 19 2018, 10:30 AM
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)Feb 27 2018, 10:16 AM
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)
Elitre closed this task as Resolved.May 11 2018, 10:26 AM

QCIs happened yesterday so this should be good to go.