This bug is consistently present in different language wikis. Here are the steps to reproduce the issue (enwiki used as example):
- Go to the main page of your preferred wiki.
- From the top-right navigation bar hover over "Contributions" and choose "Translations".
- Open "New translation" dialog.
- Choose the source language to be same as current wiki you are on (for enwiki, it would be English, for ruwiki - Russian, etc...).
- Reload the page.
- Open "New translation" dialog again.
- Now, there are two ways to see the issue:
- If you have some recent edits, articles you've edited recently would display when you open the dialog, where you can see the issue.
- If you don't have any recent edits, just enter something in search input bar (e.g. "Japan" or "Robot")
Here are some screenshots showing the issues, where source and target language are the same, which leads to labels like "Missing in English" showing, even though you are searching for pages in English Wikipedia.
ruwiki displays articles that exist but, with the label "Missing in Russian".