Session Themes and Topics
- Theme: Working together, decision making and responsibilities
- Topic: Ownership/Decision Making
- Josh Minor, Corey Floyd
- Kate Chapman
Audiences, 3rd parties and WMDE all build on top of MediaWiki. In this session we will work together to build part of a roadmap. We will build a map highlighting dependencies and blockers for goals generated by earlier sessions.
Questions to answer during this session
- How can we build collaborative roadmaps?
- How do create roadmaps that are not just useful for planning but also communication and resource allocation?
- How do we apply our process ideals to specific features or goals in a roadmap?
- How do we deal with feedback and make adjustments while still delivering?
- How do we go from big themes and goals and ideas to real asks and actionable tasks?
Please make a copy of the notes worksheet located here to take notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J-wTeelHFGeXw6dO1ywkGr0NfnzG-cUykowc6aSKoWE/edit?usp=sharing
Use this document for reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lIyXEMf5BMKlA8cjq_bqT3wNsTyg4PSxNEJkf7lfThM
- Define session scope, clarify desired outcomes, present agenda
- Discuss Focus Areas
- Discuss and Adjust. ''Note that we are not trying to come to a final agreement, we are just prioritizing and assigning responsibilities!''
- For each proposition [add etherpad link here]
- Decides whether there is (mostly) agreement or disagreement and the proposition(s).
- Decide whether there is more need for discussion on the topic, and how urgent or important that is.
- Identify any open questions that need answering from others, and from who (product, ops, etc)
- Decides who will drive the further discussion/decision process (ie: a four month deadline)
- Discuss additional strategy questions [add etherpad link here]. For each question:
- Decide whether it is considered important.
- Discuss who should answer it.
- Decide who will follow up on it.
- Wrap up
Session Leaders please:
- Add more details to this task description.
- Coordinate any pre-event discussions (here on Phab, IRC, email, hangout, etc).
- Outline the plan for discussing this topic at the event.
- Optionally, include what it will not try to solve.
- Update this task with summaries of any pre-event discussions.
- Include ways for people not attending to be involved in discussions before the event and afterwards.