When I login as a blocked user I see edit icons that invite me to edit even though I cannot edit.
Expected: All edit pencils are marked as locked.
Actual: Only top edit pencil is marked as locked.
We used to hide section edit links in this situation, but don't do that any more.
Should we hide them, or should they also show the locked icon?
Hide them appears to be the answer! (T206265#4806240)
Related bug we fixed before: T190834
- Create account BlockedUser You can create a block locally for that account with an admin account by visiting Special:BlockUser.
- Make sure to untick all boxes - in particular "Prevent this user from editing their own talk page while blocked" unticked (for test) and for your sanity do not "Prevent account creation" or "Automatically block the last IP address used by this user, and any subsequent IP addresses they try to edit from" (if you do you'll need to delete the block in ipblocks table in your database.
- Disable wgMFContentProvider if configured.
- Login as BlockedUser
- Visit any page with sections.
- For protected articles we exclude the edit icons from sections. When a user is blocked these edit icons should also be hidden - only the icon at the top of the page will be present.