Page MenuHomePhabricator

Translate extension language bar not reliably showing how complete a translation is
Closed, ResolvedPublic


The Translate extension can show roughly how complete a translation is in the language bar in five steps. Over the last few days, this has not worked on Meta: plenty of fully translated languages show up as barely started.

Skärmavbild 2018-11-01 kl. 17.48.50.png (514×587 px, 108 KB)


Event Timeline

I have tried in different browsers to make sure it's not a local caching issue.

I first noticed it roughly 22 hours ago.

Change 470618 had a related patch set uploaded (by Nikerabbit; owner: Nikerabbit):
[mediawiki/extensions/Translate@master] Fix message group stats not updating

Nikerabbit added a subscriber: Nikerabbit.

Adding to sprint since I already have a patch.

Change 470618 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/Translate@master] Fix message group stats not updating

@Nikerabbit - I checked in wmf.4 - the translate extension language bar is perfectly working on

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 2.01.20 PM.png (328×1 px, 129 KB)

But still incorrectly displays the completeness of the translation:

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 2.03.25 PM.png (466×1 px, 184 KB)

I have purged and they are now up to date.

Unfortunately, a trigger is needed to rebuild statistics (such as someone making a translation). I'll consider running a maintenance script to rebuild statistics.

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-11-19T09:10:14Z] <Nikerabbit> Rebuilt message group stats cache for T208521

Most pages are now up to date. There are some that are stuck with old values in parser cache, but those will repair themselves over time in the next few weeks as cached entries get expired or manually purged.

Thanks, @Nikerabbit - I guess I'll be checking it periodically to see whether the fix would work.

Re-checked - the different lang pages show a different progress, e.g. will show full green progress for dansk and polski

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 11.51.22 AM.png (177×1 px, 66 KB) will not show the progress for dansk and polski

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 11.52.05 AM.png (107×1 px, 45 KB)

It looks fine to me, so I believe it is parser cache related. looks correct, and it does not involve parser cache.

Re-checked again - now everything looks in sync - Resolved.