Recently, I opened a task for WMF-NDA access (T211042, currently on hold waiting for the C-level approval) in order to get privileged Phab access, which I'd need in order to deal with several tasks containing sensitive data, at least in the AbuseFilter workboard (more details and examples in the linked task). Together with this, I'd also like to have access to logstash, which could be helpful in at least two ways:
- View errors/exceptions/etc. stack traces, which I need relatively often (some example tasks I can find right now: T210709, T209877, T144265). Sometimes, retrieving data quickly could make a great difference (like in T210709);
- View the "slow abuse filters" log, which keeps trace of every slow filter across wikis; I could use this info to help local AbuseFilter maintainers improve the performance of their filters (and possibly speed up save time), thanks to the global abuse filter helper right.
IIUC, access to logstash is granted to those in the nda group, and I originally thought I could request this together with privileged phab access. However, I realized that this involves a totally different NDA to sign, and thus I'm opening this task. As for the support, I'm CC'ing @MusikAnimal per T211042#4795890.
Progress checklist (from Wikitech)
- At least one comment of support from a Wikimedia Foundation employee, explaining why it is a good idea to accept your request
- A comment of approval from one Wikimedia Foundation manager (usually the manager of an employee supporting you).
- Get sign off by a C-level staff of the Wikimedia Foundation. WMF employees will arrange this as a last sign-off (usually with Victoria Coleman) when all other criteria have been met.
- A member of the Technical Operations team will pick up your request (these are assigned on a weekly rotation) and contact the Legal department of the Wikimedia Foundation.
- They'll reach out to you and prepare an NDA which you then need to sign
- When that has been confirmed, the Operations person will grant you shell access or add you to the cn=nda LDAP group