We would like to add new AMC menu links to either a new schema or to expand one of the existing schemas to account for the new links to answer the following questions:
- Which items in the new navigation are clicked most often?
- Are there items in the navigation that we can remove based on low usage?
- Are the majority of visits to special pages coming from the navigation or through other methods?
We initially discussed using the MobileWebMainMenuClickTracking schema for this purpose, however, since the schema has not been actively used recently, we should first do some investigation to make sure it's still working as expected.
- is this only for logged-in users? Yes, but it would be helpful to generalize for all users
- can we add items outside the main menu (based on conversation in standup - yes)
- for AMC purposes, does it make more sense to use https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema:MobileWebClickTracking, https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema:MobileWebMainMenuClickTracking, or to create a new schema?