Questions we want to answer
- Does advanced mode help advanced users be more effective on mobile? (proxied by moderation action count, edit rate)
- Does advanced mode reduce the necessity of switching to desktop mode?
- Does advanced mode increase traffic and edits to the talk page of an article?
- [annual plan target] Mobile web edit rate on target wikis :
- looking for 10% increase (We'll tag edits from the new interface - T212959 - and see if they reach 1/11th of total mobile web edits, defined using the existing edit tag.)
- Mobile web edit rate on target wikis limited to users with 100+ edits:
- 10% increase (We'll tag edits from the new interface - T212959 - and see if they reach 1/11th of mobile web edits - defined using the existing edit tag - from those “100+” editors.)
- Rates of access to special pages overall
- Rates of access and edits to article talk pages
- relying on AMC X-Analytics tag and AMC edit tag
- [annual plan target] Feature retention rate overall for users with 100+ edits
- [annual plan target] Rate of moderation actions on mobile web on target wikis
- Target: 10% increase
- moderation actions are defined in T213461
- measured using the AMC edit tag as for edits (above)
- (future iteration) Effectiveness of call to action methods
While we will be reaching out and are open to feedback from all projects, we have created a list of projects that we would like to specifically focus on. We looked at wikis that already had a decent amount of editors on mobile, indicating that editing on mobile is a comfortable concept for users of these projects. As the target audience for this project is medium and high-volume contributors, our assumption was that projects with a decently large number (1000+) of monthly editors would be likely to have a higher percentage of editors with 100+ edits. Finally, in terms of priority, we wanted to focus on projects that had the largest gap in mobile editing - projects whose ratio of mobile edits to new active editors was the highest.
See here for the resulting list of target wikis.
In T217643, we will rollout progressively to the following wikis (selected as wikis with greatest % of mobile edits):
- Spanish Wikipedia
- Arabic Wikipedia
- Indonesian Wikipedia
We will consult with the community for confirmation prior to deployments.